Author Topic: running horribly slow  (Read 5097 times)

sportman

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
running horribly slow
« on: March 25, 2007, 09:47:57 pm »
the interface loads up and it is moving incredibly slow, my video card should be able to handle the UI2 without transparency, i got the ati fglrx driver installed and loaded properly I even tested glxgears. Maybe I will copy my xorg.conf over or something.

sportman

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
Re: running horribly slow
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2007, 07:09:04 am »
seems like i still need to mess with some settings I am trying this out with my geforce 5900 fx and ill report back soon

1audio

• Addicted
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2007, 06:23:47 pm »
The following will choke the system from my experience-
1) Not enough ram. You need 500 MB min in the core and it runs much better w/ 1 GB
2) The minimum video card for good results seems to be the 6XXX series nVidia. Its all about the vendors Linux support, which is mostly ugly stepchild stuff. But the 6XXX and 7XXX nVidia stuff works pretty well.
3) A sempron 2600 seems about the minimum processor (or Intel equivalent if you can actually figure it out).
4) The video card needs 128 MB. I have tried on the nVidia 6150 MB's setting the video below 128 and it really didn't work.

All of the above relate to HD especially but the video card will slow even the setup for some reason.

John Taylor

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2007, 01:50:27 pm »
I had an ATI video card but was not too good I could barely setup UI1, but with   nvidia I could do UI2 with alpha-blended and till now seems ok.