Author Topic: linuxMCE hangs after install right after attempting to install orbitor at 77%  (Read 5405 times)

NoMoreCookies

• View Profile
linuxMCE hangs after install right after attempting to install orbitor at 77%

I've installed kunbuntu 0810 and linuxMCE 0810, I used the most recent installer found on the wiki. After the installation and the reboot it just hangs while loading the modules, specifically at the orbitor part 2 of 2 around some 97% it just goes to a grey screen and stays there it did this for several hours twice, I can restart and get to a command prompt and load kde by issuing the startx command, any suggestions?

My system is a asus motherboard with phenom II processor, an ATI 1GB ddr5 4870 graphics card, 4 GB of 1066mz Ram. Any suggestions would be greatly appriciated.

NoMoreCookies

• View Profile
I've tried to load it several times now and the, it vary's when it's going to hang. sometimes it does it at 64% sometimes 74%. But is always hanging when loading the orbitor module any help please?

NoMoreCookies

• View Profile
I've gotten it to completely load but it loads to black screen and does not start the MCE desktop any suggestions?

NoMoreCookies

• View Profile
I believe I've pin pointed my issues with the install in an ATI driver issue, appearantly from my  reading the wiki, the default install package for linuxMCE does not have an ATI driver. Is there anybody who knows what ati driver works for a 4870 chipset on linuxMCE? Anybod

glundin_45

• First post!
    • View Profile
how did you accomplish the complete load? (I experienced the same thing)

jimbodude

• Guru
    • View Profile
Try installing the fglrx driver before you start the installation.
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/BinaryDriverHowto/ATI

See also:
http://wiki.linuxmce.org/index.php/Display_Drivers
Note that this article may not be completely up to date - use your judgment and do research on the forums.

mudman

• First post!
    • View Profile
Having the same problem.... n e 1 got a fix? ???

linuxMCE hangs after install right after attempting to install orbitor at 77%

I've installed kunbuntu 0810 and linuxMCE 0810, I used the most recent installer found on the wiki. After the installation and the reboot it just hangs while loading the modules, specifically at the orbitor part 2 of 2 around some 97% it just goes to a grey screen and stays there it did this for several hours twice, I can restart and get to a command prompt and load kde by issuing the startx command, any suggestions?

My system is a asus motherboard with phenom II processor, an ATI 1GB ddr5 4870 graphics card, 4 GB of 1066mz Ram. Any suggestions would be greatly appriciated.

l3mce

• NEEDS to work for LinuxMCE
    • View Profile
lspci -nn | grep -i vga

If you haven' , use 1004 newes snap.
I never quit... I just ping out.