Author Topic: Possible to download IR code database  (Read 9321 times)

jarn

• View Profile
Possible to download IR code database
« on: February 17, 2012, 05:43:40 pm »
Hey guys,

I'm working on a project involving controlling several IR devices in various rooms in your house from one central location, and I'm looking for an IR code database. I came across LinuxMCE in my search for this.

Is there some way I can download just the IR code database used in LinuxMCE?

Thanks!

cht_winston

• View Profile
Re: Possible to download IR code database
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2012, 07:26:57 pm »
It would probably be easier to use an online resource like Remote Central ( http://www.remotecentral.com/cgi-bin/codes/ ) if you're not going to use LMCE itself. I believe that some of the initial entries in the LMCE IR database came from Remote Central anyway.  :)
Convergent Home Technologies Ltd
Personal Core
Asus M2NPV-VM, AMD Athlon 4200+ X2
Integrated C51PV (Nvidia 6150)
3 * 500GB NAS
2 * NIC (Marvell + Intel PCI-E pro 1000)
Hauppauge Nova-T 500
Thermaltake Lanbox Lite case
Nesteq semi-Fanless 45
HomePro Zwave Interface

jarn

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2012, 09:16:18 pm »
I had looked at Remote Central, but I had trouble finding out how to download the entire collection of IR codes (their website isn't super user friendly...). The reason I was looking at LinuxMCE was that it looked like you guys already had it as a SQL database, which is the format we need it as. Additionally, I couldn't figure out if Remote Central updated their IR codes often (is that something that needs to get updated often, or have manufacturers mostly standardized that by now?).

Marie.O

• Administrator
  • LinuxMCE God
  • Wastes Life On LinuxMCE Since 2007
    • View Profile
    • My Home
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2012, 02:07:30 pm »
Jarn,

why don't you use LinuxMCE? It already does what you want it to do...

jarn

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2012, 05:28:50 pm »
We're going to be using a RaspberryPi, which from what I saw in some other threads might not run LinuxMCE. Especially when all I need is an IR code database, it seems like overkill to install a new distro on it that might not work just for a sql database.

I might just install LinuxMCE in a VM and export the database from MySQL... I just wanted to see if there was an easier way.

Marie.O

• Administrator
  • LinuxMCE God
  • Wastes Life On LinuxMCE Since 2007
    • View Profile
    • My Home
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2012, 05:22:50 pm »
Look at the mini DCERouter thingie in the developer area. No need for a full distro. Maybe working together is better than what OSS normally does, especially in the media area, where each week someone things s/he must reinvent the wheel, instead of trying to understand other system and enhance them. Just a thought... ;)

oh, and just installing LinuxMCE won't give you the IR codes into a dumpable database.

hari

• Administrator
  • LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
    • ago control
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2012, 09:16:07 pm »
Hi Jarn,

I did export it into a csv for you: http://schema.linuxmce.org/irdata.csv

Just one thing, if you want to use it, you need to tell people on your homepage and in the manual that the codes were derived from the LinuxMCE project.

br Hari
rock your home - http://www.agocontrol.com home automation

jarn

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2012, 03:56:27 pm »
Thanks! Will do!

psm321

• First post!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2013, 06:04:30 am »
Sorry to reply to an old topic, but I thought it would be most relevant to keep my post in here.  Anyways, I was wondering what the license is for the ir code database.  Is it just the attribution requirement, or is there also a GPL-style license involved?  (In other words, can it be used in a commercial project with attribution?)  I could not find this information for the ir codes specifically on the website.  Thanks!