Author Topic: New hits, old favorites... (Adesso, Gyration, Dinovo Mini)  (Read 7085 times)

l3mce

• NEEDS to work for LinuxMCE
    • View Profile
New hits, old favorites... (Adesso, Gyration, Dinovo Mini)
« on: August 15, 2012, 03:25:32 pm »
I have added/fixed/remapped some device templates.

Logitech Dinovo Mini.
FN + Vol Up is f6 (skip/rw/ff)
FN + Mute is f8 (vol/lighting)
Left Superkey (windows icon) is f7 (menu). On some models the right superkey is f7 as well... and so is FN + vol down.
All other buttons (media play/pg down up/channel) now work as expected, including FN + skip forward/back are regular FF RW.

Gyration Go Mouse GC1005m
Buttons are back!
* l3mce pops Champagne
This should not interfere with ANY other gyration product. Please post here if you wish to call me a liar, and we will figure it out, but I have looked over the mapping for several models in detail, and do not expect anyone is going to call me a liar.

Adesso ARC-1100
I have added support for these little cheap remotes I have running around everywhere. They have a built in mouse and are under 20 bucks and work quite well. I very much like them. The scenario switching buttons (colors, audio video guide etc) are not working. I am looking into it. I do not believe that the numberpad will ever be working. All numbers trigger the same key event... so... maybe I will figure that out just for fun, but no promises.

Enjoy. Complain here.
I never quit... I just ping out.

Armor Gnome

• Guru
    • View Profile
Re: New hits, old favorites... (Adesso, Gyration, Dinovo Mini)
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2012, 04:07:46 pm »
Thanks.  I have looking around for different remote options.

The Dinovo Mini looks pretty nice.  I have had lots of issues with mute on orbiters not functioning properly and sticking in a mute state.  When you set up:
FN + Mute is f8 (vol/lighting)
did you leave the Mute functionality?  I could remove the mute function in my own device data but wondered how you did it.

*To describe "sticking in mute", if I accidentally bump mute on any orbiters I can not get audio to resume.  Re-pressing mute often doesn't work, Vol +, Vol - sometimes works but usually requires quiting playback then restarting playback with auto-resume. 

Adesso ARC-1100, from its online description uses a usb ir receiver.  You mentioned you had several of these running around.  Are you able to carry one remote around the house and control different MDs, or do you have a usb IR + remote for each MD?

GC1005m, I believe you completely and wouldn't test one.  My faith in you would be crushed if I had to call you and liar and then you wouldn't be my hero any longer ...
I made a wiki!  Click here to check out my system.

l3mce

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2012, 04:17:56 pm »
Mute still works. There just aren't enough buttons on the dinovo to grab the special functions, however I learned that pressing function and several of the media play buttons produces a different keycode... so mute is mute/unmute. FN + mute = f8. Volume down = volume down. FN + volume down = f7... I didn't do that on purpose, it just emits the same keycode as right superkey on some models. FN + skip forward or back emits its own keycode, so I mapped it to fast forward and rewind. Your mute should not stick. None of mine do to be sure.

The ARC-1100 is an IR remote, so each room would need its own IR receiver (which it comes with obviously). I bought like 4 of these a few years ago on ebay for like 15 bucks, but they never worked well with LMCE mostly due to the lack of a menu button... and most of the media play buttons didn't function. Then a few oddball things I bought ALSO had these remotes included, so... I have like 7 of them total. I just leave them everywhere because my wife eats remote controls, and they would do in a pinch. Now they do quite nicely. I am of the belief that the better they function, the better they taste, as I can only find 4 of them atm...

theteju

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2012, 07:25:31 pm »
I have something to report on Denovo Mini functinality.

All the buttons work as expected however , When I go to computing, lets say going on youtube.

I search for some video, and while typing If i make a mistake, I try to delete mistake with "Backspace" and it goes Back on orbiter !!

The BackSpace works as Back on all other orbiter screen that is what we want, but while computing, I think it should do its job as Backspace.

Don't know, I feel like worth mentioning a point !

_if_

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2012, 10:05:26 am »
wow best news ever! I´ ve one of those ARC remotes and never got it running properly in LMCE. I will try as soon as I have time.
Big thanks!

IF

_if_

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2012, 03:48:31 pm »
what is needed to make the ARC remotes running? I picked the devicetemplate and added it to the MD but it shows up as "registered: no".

the basic functions work, but they have always worked so far...

thanks
IF

l3mce

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2012, 09:30:53 pm »
Hmm... I must have missed something. Works on my core but not my md.

Will figure it out.

Armor Gnome

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2012, 10:18:27 pm »
The ARC is working fine on my MD.
I made a wiki!  Click here to check out my system.

_if_

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2012, 02:21:17 pm »
@armor: are the scenariobuttons and play/stop/rev working as well?

@l3mce: did you find time to look into that issue?

thanks
IF

l3mce

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2012, 05:09:12 pm »
Yes _if_, and I know what needs to be done, I believe.
The reason ArmorGnome and mine work, is because we ALSO have a phillips MCE receiver which gets all the needed pieces.

Device Template #2214
Under "Device data": add
System Device          Module to probe             lirc_mce2

"Under Plug & Play" add
Serial Number: 05a49881
PNP protocol: Xap

Make sure that lsusb has something that looks like
Bus 002 Device 002: ID 05a4:9881 Ortek Technology, Inc.

You will see that this is where the serial number comes from.

Save, reload the router... MD will start installing stuff. A reboot is necessary before it works. Dunno why. As soon as I figure out my credentials... I will add this permanently... in the meantime please confirm that I am correct.

_if_

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2012, 09:48:27 pm »
alright, sounds good. I will try tomorrow and report.

thanks a lot
IF