Author Topic: Dianemo S: UpdateMedia doesn't work like expected  (Read 3491 times)

murcel

• Guru
    • View Profile
Dianemo S: UpdateMedia doesn't work like expected
« on: October 22, 2012, 04:23:58 pm »
Dear Andrew,

i took some time, to look again at the updatemedia process. (and now i won't look at the umlaut issue :-) )
But it seems not to handle updates very well.

how to reconstruct:

1. Take a nice tagged MP3 file. ( i just use id3v2 and ripped off all id3v1 tags, jsut to make sure)
2. Now i copy those files to the core
3. Webadmin/Files&Media/Media Files Sync choose the directory and resync manually. All looks fine until here
4. now i edit the tags through webadmin (change album title from "Absolutely Live -> Absolute"). The change is shown in webadmin, but not in the file itself (ok maybe the changes got not written back to file, don't know if lmce has this functionality))
5. take a windows mp3tag tool. Change the Album name to Absolute Li
6. Webadmin/Files&Media/Media Files Sync choose the directory and resync manually. Now i have two tags per file, one is "Absolute", second is "absolute Li". AND i have a composer field (which was unfilled) - which has the same Name "Absolute"

Marc

Marie.O

• Administrator
  • LinuxMCE God
  • Wastes Life On LinuxMCE Since 2007
    • View Profile
    • My Home
Re: Dianemo S: UpdateMedia doesn't work like expected
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2012, 05:46:40 pm »
murcel,

this is not a bug, but by design ;)

LinuxMCE supports multiple tags values per tag type, i.e. you can have a million titles associated to a media file.

murcel

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2012, 05:50:44 pm »
murcel,

this is not a bug, but by design ;)

LinuxMCE supports multiple tags values per tag type, i.e. you can have a million titles associated to a media file.

i understand that. It makes sense in conjunction to the performer or writer/composer.
But then its a one way? As soon as the media is added to LMCE, i am forced to use the webadmin for tagging?
And...it does not really tag it, it is adding the tags to the database....

That is strange, in days i was using LMCE instead of Dianemo, i hadn't that trouble at all.

And what about the composer field - why is it automatically filled with the album tag....i don't believe that is by design, is it?

from what i understand, the tags, which i change in lmce should be written back

taken from:
http://wiki.linuxmce.org/index.php/MetaData_Handling

Marc
« Last Edit: October 22, 2012, 05:57:04 pm by murcel »

murcel

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2012, 09:46:03 pm »
Andrew,

do you have any idea about that?