Author Topic: Linuxmce10.04 & AVWizard issue  (Read 12810 times)

l3mce

• NEEDS to work for LinuxMCE
    • View Profile
Re: Linuxmce10.04 & AVWizard issue
« Reply #15 on: October 17, 2012, 02:59:50 pm »
I have been successfully breaking all sorts of stuff I now think I have resolved. From diskless, to audio, to intel.

The failure to setup X is avwizard failing. There is no recovery from that point (ie hitting OK). It means avwizard threw everything it could at it, and it cannot resolve.

What is the MD? Is that the ATI?

Again, if there is an existing xorg.conf (which is created when certain drivers are installed) the original avwiz that shows up is often offset. If it really bothers you, you can just remove /etc/X11/xorg.conf* and reboot.
I never quit... I just ping out.

microbrain

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
    • Full Home Technology Solutions
« Reply #16 on: October 18, 2012, 02:39:43 am »
 l3mce,

Don't feel bad, I broke a lot of code I've been working on about three months ago and ended up just walking away from it for about a month.

The MD I'm was trying to use for test is a Dell Optiplex 260 with Intel, no HDD, 1.5 mem, booting with PXE. I would like to try to use this machine as I have about twelve of them sitting on the shelf collecting dust. When I do the PXE, it assigns an IP address, does the complete boot, displays "no xorg.conf file found, loading Intel driver" then does the rest of its boot then get to the hangup of "can't start X". I tried several thinking there maybe a prob with one or two and none would do the X.

I have since set them aside and took one of my spare laptops, a "HP Entertainment Notebook PC Laptop" and set it to PXE boot and it works just fine (except audio), bootup and X. I also took a Fujitsu laptop specifically for gaming and PXE booted it and it does its thingee (again, except for audio).

On all machines Intel driver was loaded. No Xorg.conf files were found at any time.
What do you think the audio issue might be? Can I upgrade to your fixes or do I have to reload the whole server software?

Thanks

microbrain

l3mce

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 18, 2012, 02:45:48 am »
I use a dell optiplex 260 as an MD. Does fine. Haven't booted it since the new install.

I have fixed most all audio issues. Upgrading should work, and if it doesn't I can fix it.

I will fire up the dell tonight and see what is going on.

microbrain

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 18, 2012, 09:42:47 am »
Should I do an upgrade from the command line or reinstall a newer version?
If from the command line what command would you recommend?

Thanks for checking it out and your help.

microbrain

l3mce

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 18, 2012, 07:32:28 pm »
The latest snapshot will have everything embedded and current, without the need to run Diskless_CreateTBZ.sh

I expect that will be the path of least resistance if you are willing to reinstall.

microbrain

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 19, 2012, 08:19:10 am »
Will do and will let you know how it goes.

microbrain

microbrain

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 21, 2012, 07:36:26 am »
l3mce,

Sir I installed the latest snapshot #26573 today. As before when it gets to the A/V setup scree its still off centered to the lower right. You can only see a portion of the first box on the left and not the center or right boxes. I went ahead a selected with VGA2, 1024 x 720, and 60 hertz and hit enter, then when it reloaded for verifying selection the screen was perfectly located where it needed to be.

I still have no audio and Dell machine I listed still has same problem. HP diskless laptop booted just fine. Now I had installed a Encore Capture card, thinking there may be an issue with it conflicting with audio I took it out and rebooted machine, still no audio, so I reloaded the software again and still no audio.

Thank you sir

l3mce

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 22, 2012, 07:46:33 pm »
That is two snapshots ago :P

latest snapshot is:
LMCE-1004-20121022131926592.iso                    22-Oct-2012 14:15          2800101376
http://linuxmce.iptp.org/snapshots/

Now if you get a funky display, press the number button on your keyboard which is appropriate for your output, in your case the number 2, and it should resolve itself.

1: DVI
2: VGA
3: Component
4: Composite
5: S-Video
Q: DVI-2
W: VGA-2
L: LVDS

and after selecting an audio output (analog, coax, optical, hdmi, no audio) if you do NOT have audio, add the following line to /etc/pluto.conf
AlternateSC = 1
press the escape button once, or right click if you have a mouse attached, and it will take you back to that selection screen I just mentioned. Select the audio output again and you SHOULD have sound on really anything.

Please let me know how that works out.

microbrain

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 24, 2012, 12:44:24 am »
Will do, thanks much

microbrain

l3mce

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 24, 2012, 01:36:35 am »
There are new things in the works... sort of reversed the process so I could make better guesses, and leave you the ability to change it.

microbrain

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 26, 2012, 06:33:01 am »
l3mce,

I reinstalled complete, all went well. I now have audio and video as required. I haven't had the chance to try the diskless Dell box mentioned as an MD yet and will try to do that this weekend. HP laptop operating as diskless MD works great.

Now if I can just get my MythTv to work.... That's for another discussion later.

I also have been following other post similar to this one that you have been assisting in and those to have been very helpful. Thank you so much for the help, please advise if there is anything I may do for you.

microbrain