Author Topic: web orbiter not working in web browser with LinuxMCE 1004  (Read 4603 times)

stefan

• View Profile
web orbiter not working in web browser with LinuxMCE 1004
« on: September 13, 2012, 01:17:22 pm »
Hi,

I installed the web orbiter and the proxy orbiter as per instructions by creating the devices under CORE. I can use the orbiter with the roamingorb app on the iPhone, but when accessing with a web browser, only the bottom buttons show up. I tried with both the Sept 09, 2012 and Aug 20, 2012 snapshots and same problem. It works fine with 810.

Anyone else experiencing similar issues?

Thanks,
Stefan

DragonK

• Guru
    • View Profile
Re: web orbiter not working in web browser with LinuxMCE 1004
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2012, 03:40:49 pm »
What webbrowser are you using?

IE doesnt work if I recall correctly.

Karel

JaseP

• Addicted
    • View Profile
    • JaseP's LinuxMCE Wiki User page
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2012, 04:44:40 pm »
I had a similar problem when setting up the web Orbiter with non-standard screen geometries. You might want to try a 4:3 geometry and a more standard screen size. I don't know about IE or Windows, but the web Orbiter works in Chrome, Firefox and Dolphin under Android. So, I assume any platform with those browsers should work.

The Windows Orbiter works in wine on Linux. If you run OS X, you could try wine under that platform,... can't hurt to give either a shot, if you run under those platforms.
See my User page on the LinuxMCE Wiki for a description of my system configuration (click the little globe under my profile pic).

stefan

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2012, 11:56:17 pm »
Hi,

Thanks for your replies. I tried using Firefox 15.0.1 under Windows 7, Firefox 13.0.1 under Ubuntu 12.04, Safari on iPhone4 and Chrome under Windows 7. None of them work. All I get is the spinning circle and the <Home> <Back> <Refresh> <Exit> <Log out> buttons. Using the same browsers, LinuxMCE810 works OK. I set the geometry to be 4:3 as suggested by JaseP. I notice that each time I attempt to open the weborbiter, apache gives this error in /var/log/apache2/error.log:

[Thu Sep 13 17:41:39 2012] [error] [client 192.168.0.13] PHP Notice:  Undefined index: userlang in /var/www/lmce-admin/include/utils.inc.php on line 66, referer: 192.168.0.16/lmce-admin/weborbiter.php?installation=1031156&device_id=35
[Thu Sep 13 17:41:39 2012] [error] [client 192.168.0.13] PHP Notice:  Undefined index: userlang in /var/www/lmce-admin/include/utils.inc.php on line 66, referer: 192.168.0.16/lmce-admin/weborbiter.php?installation=1031156&device_id=35

Not sure if this is the cause of the problem though.

Which 1004 snapshot has this functionality confirmed to work?

Thanks,
Stefan

JaseP

• Addicted
    • View Profile
    • JaseP's LinuxMCE Wiki User page
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2012, 12:15:38 am »
Did you delete the non working ones or try to fix them? Delete them. Make new ones.

Be patient as you complete the steps for creating a Web Orbiter,... Wait for the progress bars on the Orbiter screen in the Web Admin to go through both passes before proceeding.

Do quick reload routers between steps...

PS: Don't just do a simple 4:3 screen, also chose a default skin and a "normal" screen resolution (like, 800x600). Don't get fancy on your first one. I'm half inclined to think that not all skins work with all screen dimensions and resolutions. After making one or two,... then experiment. I broke my first web Orbiter by rushing and trying to get fancy with my second... I ended up deleting them both and starting over.

You also might try the Win (said Web Orbiter initially) Orbiter in Win7. I don't run Windows, but I noticed there were special instructions for Vista. Somebody with Win7 can better tell you if that would work. The Windows Orbiter is better than the Web Orbiter, by a long shot (faster refreshes, etc). I run it in wine within Linux.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2012, 02:38:09 pm by JaseP »
See my User page on the LinuxMCE Wiki for a description of my system configuration (click the little globe under my profile pic).

stefan

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2012, 09:43:17 pm »
OK, I figured out what the problem was. I use a single network card in my installation. The IP address of the machine is 192.168.0.103. But the Core device has the IP address set as 192.168.1.80. This caused the following error logs in 0_web_orbiter.log:
   Attempting to create socket on host 192.168.80.1 port 3461 ... OK.
   socket_connect() failed.
   Reason: (110) Connection timed out
   Closing socket ... OK.

I updated the Core's IP address to be the same as my machine, and everything works!