Author Topic: Please Read! Locale|CONCEPT is being shut down due to repeated cracking attacks.  (Read 4973 times)

tschak909

• LinuxMCE God
  • DOES work for LinuxMCE.
    • View Profile
Sorry fellas, due to repeated hacking attacks, locale concept.com is being shut down. I have fought with this problem for the last two years, with repeated entries compromising my box, even after steps to harden the box, and limit its services. I'm done. It will be shut down in November.

www.localeconcept.com currently plays home to the HA Designer screencasts. If someone else can offer to host them, that would be great.

-Thom

cfernandes

• Guru
    • View Profile
    • my company web site
Hi  Thom ,

i am  a owner of a ISP   in Brazil ,  i will  be happy to host your site  for free.

please  tel me what you need .

Carlos 

murcel

• Guru
    • View Profile
Sorry fellas, due to repeated hacking attacks, locale concept.com is being shut down. I have fought with this problem for the last two years, with repeated entries compromising my box, even after steps to harden the box, and limit its services. I'm done. It will be shut down in November.

www.localeconcept.com currently plays home to the HA Designer screencasts. If someone else can offer to host them, that would be great.

-Thom

If you need hosting space, just let me know.

Govo

• Guru
    • View Profile
OK this site has been shut down even after lmce members offering to bring it back up and this topic has not been replied to in over 120 days, I never used the site www.localeconcept.com  and I was always wondered what it hosted, as so many  topics and links are linked back to this site,

So I took a look at trying to buy the domain and guess what Bid for localeconcept.com.

Thom, I will offer my services to host this site, if you’re interested pm me and I will give you ftp access to upload the content of   your site, but I will require you to  update  your name servers on your account to the below, this way you will still own the domain, I'm just doing the hosting bit.

ns5.dnsireland.com
ns6.dnsireland.com
ns7.dnsireland.ie

I’m currently using LMCE and love the software and work you guys do.  So for all your hard work I will offer the hosting of this site for as long as I can .

Kind Regards
Govo

PS know any were i can get a copy of HA designer ..search the internet with no look of finding it

tschak909

• LinuxMCE God
  • DOES work for LinuxMCE.
    • View Profile
LocaleConcept.com was my personal domain that I was using for what would have been a smart home consultancy firm. This never happened, so I wound up using it as my personal server space.

Unfortunately, my hosting provider Linode, has turned into a honey pot of repeated hacking attacks, despite my best efforts to secure my own virtual machine, the onslaught of exploits has made me unable to keep up with the constant maintenance required for a personal server.

In short, I have given up any hope of keeping my own server; hosting my own data. I do not have the time to be a server admin 24-7, which is required in today's climate.

-Thom

Govo

• Guru
    • View Profile
Thanks for the feedback Thom.

phenigma

• LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
Re:
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2013, 02:50:29 pm »
Govo HADesigner should be available.  We'll have to update the links if they do not currently work.  J.

Sent from my SGH-I927 using Tapatalk 4

Govo

• Guru
    • View Profile
Hi Phenigma

Took a long time to find in on the internet, most of the links are broken when searching with google.

anyway's here's everything  that's needed for HADesigner

http://www.piknclik.org/lmce/