Author Topic: Books, Manual, Training  (Read 4962 times)

amphibian

Books, Manual, Training
« on: September 12, 2012, 05:02:56 pm »
To all whom read here,

I assume (we all know what that means) that for LinunMCE related products for sale and in search of this is the place to post. If I'm wrong please advise. I hate making the same mistake twice....

I am in search of the following to purchase, trade or obtain for "free":

1: A current - up-to-date - paperback, hardbook or CD on the installation, set-up and workings of a basic LinuxMCE,

2: A current - up-to-date - paperback, hardbook or CD of "advanced" workings of LinuxMCE ( like a CE based description, or, a LinuxMCE Bible),

3: Information and/or location of any LinuxMCE "CE" training or testing programs available in the U.S. (Texas) or website location for such,

4: Location of description of "Required Licenses" and how to obtain them if any are required,

5: Someone whom would be willing to provide me a detailed list (model numbers, description, etc..), or, a url,  of a complete working system they have set up. I found after reading a few forum post that some of the cards and such are either hard to find or no longer available. I am very eager to set-up a working system using current available equipment for my learning lab so I don't want to spend a lot of money on cards that I either don't need or won't work. I am willing to pay a reasonable amount for such a list.

I have a serious thirst for knowledge in projects like this. I would love to obtain any used books available as long as they are in fairly good shape and I'm not charged the original price paid (yes I'm a cheap tightwad). MUST BE IN ENGLISH, no offence to anyone, I'm too old to learn another language at this point in my life.  I will pay for shipping to the U.S. (Texas). I wish to obtain as much knowledge as possible from reading books or materials without reading the Wiki. I don't do well with wiki's.

Thanks for your time,

Amphibian

bongowongo

• wants to work for LinuxMCE
    • View Profile
Re: Books, Manual, Training
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2012, 05:56:34 pm »
To all whom read here,

I assume (we all know what that means) that for LinunMCE related products for sale and in search of this is the place to post. If I'm wrong please advise. I hate making the same mistake twice....

I am in search of the following to purchase, trade or obtain for "free":

1: A current - up-to-date - paperback, hardbook or CD on the installation, set-up and workings of a basic LinuxMCE,

2: A current - up-to-date - paperback, hardbook or CD of "advanced" workings of LinuxMCE ( like a CE based description, or, a LinuxMCE Bible),

3: Information and/or location of any LinuxMCE "CE" training or testing programs available in the U.S. (Texas) or website location for such,

4: Location of description of "Required Licenses" and how to obtain them if any are required,

5: Someone whom would be willing to provide me a detailed list (model numbers, description, etc..), or, a url,  of a complete working system they have set up. I found after reading a few forum post that some of the cards and such are either hard to find or no longer available. I am very eager to set-up a working system using current available equipment for my learning lab so I don't want to spend a lot of money on cards that I either don't need or won't work. I am willing to pay a reasonable amount for such a list.

I have a serious thirst for knowledge in projects like this. I would love to obtain any used books available as long as they are in fairly good shape and I'm not charged the original price paid (yes I'm a cheap tightwad). MUST BE IN ENGLISH, no offence to anyone, I'm too old to learn another language at this point in my life.  I will pay for shipping to the U.S. (Texas). I wish to obtain as much knowledge as possible from reading books or materials without reading the Wiki. I don't do well with wiki's.

Thanks for your time,

Amphibian

There are no books that I know of, but since you are a cheap tightwad why not try the wiki?

posde

• Administrator
  • LinuxMCE God
  • Wastes Life On LinuxMCE Since 2007
    • View Profile
    • My Home
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2012, 06:36:19 pm »
I have a copy of a book, that covers parts of the system. If you PM me your address, I shall forward it to you. You can PayPal me the shipping costs when you have received it.

l3mce

• NEEDS to work for LinuxMCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2012, 06:49:47 pm »
You cannot sell LinuxMCE. You clearly know this as you are purposefully being disingenuous about your reasons for wanting hard copy/setup information.

That is all.
I never quit... I just ping out.

amphibian

« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2012, 03:28:34 am »
Sir 13mce,

you wrote "You cannot sell LinuxMCE. You clearly know this as you are purposefully being disingenuous about your reasons for wanting hard copy/setup information."

No where have I indicated or do I believe that I have lead anyone to thinking I wanted to "sell" LinuxMCE. I think I've made it very clear as to what my intentions are and also that I have been forthcoming in where I hope to be knowledge wise with the use of LinuxMCE.  Only a self-assuming, egotistical, self-righteous narcissistic SOB would even make such a statement to a newby (such as myself) to great a project that I feel LinuxMCE is. 

Even with all the Asterisk, Elastix PBX, Web, Mail and other like servers I posses not once have I sold or offered to sell the software or violated any license agreement to free and open source projects. Now I admit to being guilty as a reseller of  VoIP, offering answering & dispatch services, hosted PBX services, and development of training manuals as that is how I make my living, but not once have I ever offered to sell any PBX, Web and/or any associated hardware that includes or have installed open source licensed software. My only request for license information was to make sure that I didn't violate any copy-write laws pertaining to the recording, ripping or storing of music and videos on the server since I'm new to this project.

When I get involved with what I feel is an exciting project I go full force into learning it so that I can take full advantage of the project and eventually try to return the faavor of free by offering up knowledge that can help others. I have even been known to donate to the cause, including but not limited to, monies and the designing of hardware/software to further the project when it meant that it would benefit the multitudes of the masses. I belong to several groups in this state and we all have the same intentions. We like to take new ideas and make them work. There is no greater enjoyment then being able to be on the "ground floor" of a new project and being part of its advancement and make new ideas work.

Normally, being the sixty-two year old A**hole I am proud to be, I would tell you where you could put LinuxMCE but I'm not going to allow some inept like you to cause me to lower my standards to your level by doing so. I can though assure you that the likelihood of me wanting to jump and have any further desire to offer up my asterisk knowledge or other assistance on this project is not likely to happen any time soon.  It's people like you that force good well intentioned individuals to want to run as far as one can the other direction. If you are a resemblance of what one has to look forward to on this forum when asking for assistance or knowledge then I may well be wasting my time being here.

Amphibian
« Last Edit: September 13, 2012, 03:36:12 am by amphibian »

tschak909

• LinuxMCE God
  • DOES work for LinuxMCE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2012, 06:57:31 am »
Unfortunately, amphibian. The number of people who have done this has been more than we can count on our hands.

Repeatedly, we have had people look at this system, their eyes pop out of their heads, and they see dollar signs.

They then go out, try to either get full sets of equipment lists from people, or work through it themselves, install a minimal system…then decide they want to do so for customers…

One example is someone who came into the community, we helped him for months to get a working install..then when it was done, he was imaging the install onto other people's machines, CHARGING THEM TO BUILD THE SYSTEM, and then when things went south, he at first sent his customers to IRC. When we found out he was doing this, he started fixing the problems himself, while hanging on IRC to ask questions while he was charging them by the hour!

I wish I could cite this as the only example, but it is one among many. It has left a very bad taste in our mouths, unfortunately, and has made us very angry when we see certain words or phrases uttered.

-Thom

l3mce

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2012, 02:45:46 pm »
Sir 13mce,

you wrote "You cannot sell LinuxMCE. You clearly know this as you are purposefully being disingenuous about your reasons for wanting hard copy/setup information."

No where have I indicated or do I believe that I have lead anyone to thinking I wanted to "sell" LinuxMCE. I think I've made it very clear as to what my intentions are and also that I have been forthcoming in where I hope to be knowledge wise with the use of LinuxMCE.  Only a self-assuming, egotistical, self-righteous narcissistic SOB would even make such a statement to a newby (such as myself) to great a project that I feel LinuxMCE is. 

Even with all the Asterisk, Elastix PBX, Web, Mail and other like servers I posses not once have I sold or offered to sell the software or violated any license agreement to free and open source projects. Now I admit to being guilty as a reseller of  VoIP, offering answering & dispatch services, hosted PBX services, and development of training manuals as that is how I make my living, but not once have I ever offered to sell any PBX, Web and/or any associated hardware that includes or have installed open source licensed software. My only request for license information was to make sure that I didn't violate any copy-write laws pertaining to the recording, ripping or storing of music and videos on the server since I'm new to this project.

When I get involved with what I feel is an exciting project I go full force into learning it so that I can take full advantage of the project and eventually try to return the faavor of free by offering up knowledge that can help others. I have even been known to donate to the cause, including but not limited to, monies and the designing of hardware/software to further the project when it meant that it would benefit the multitudes of the masses. I belong to several groups in this state and we all have the same intentions. We like to take new ideas and make them work. There is no greater enjoyment then being able to be on the "ground floor" of a new project and being part of its advancement and make new ideas work.

Normally, being the sixty-two year old A**hole I am proud to be, I would tell you where you could put LinuxMCE but I'm not going to allow some inept like you to cause me to lower my standards to your level by doing so. I can though assure you that the likelihood of me wanting to jump and have any further desire to offer up my asterisk knowledge or other assistance on this project is not likely to happen any time soon.  It's people like you that force good well intentioned individuals to want to run as far as one can the other direction. If you are a resemblance of what one has to look forward to on this forum when asking for assistance or knowledge then I may well be wasting my time being here.

Amphibian

You can feign all the offense you like. I have been here a while. You HAPPEN to resell VOIP software. You HAPPEN to "make your living" selling training materials. The extensive wiki on how to do just about anything does not satisfy your needs. And you want details of working setups...

You plan on making money on this system. Point blank. You don't want to set up a system, you don't need specific help, you do not offer any contribution. You can come up with all the adjectives you like to attack me with... your motives are transparent. I am sorry if you thought you were being clever.

You want to setup a specific system, I will bend over backwards to help you. I will write custom code for you. I will help any way I can. This isn't your deal. You are offering to pay for lists of plug and play hardware, when it is available for free.

If I am wrong, then I am wrong. It has happened at least 3 times in the past.

You could sell hardcopy if you wanted btw. You would have to generate it yourself. Just be straightforward. Be honest. It isn't a big ask. If you were JUST thirsty for knowledge, it is all out there between the forum and wiki. You want to generate copy... and sell it for a modest fee. Gathering existing copy would save untold hours trying to do so. The abstract nature of wiki is not desirable if you are trying to assemble training material.

You aren't here to write code, but books... which... again... is ok. Just be straight.

amphibian

« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2012, 03:32:06 pm »
First I'm accused of being disingenuous now I'm a liar.

With all the forums I belong to, the good people of those forums and I I'm sure can up up with a Home Automation Program of sorts on our own. It's really not that hard. Thought why reinvent the wheel I would be part of this group. I see now that is not the path I wish to take so I am going to recant my statement earlier and truly not be disingenuous and tell you straight point blank ,13MCE, TAKE IT AND STICK IT UP YOUR ASS.

Amphibian

l3mce

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2012, 03:53:04 pm »
I guess that is easier than being honest.

Lol at creating a home automation "program" not being "that hard". See Google's android@home... or Microsoft HomeOS. I expect your resources are probably greater. Again... thirst does not go unquenched with liquid in front of you. You do not have a thirst for knowledge... you have dollar signs in your eyes. You are now having a fight or flight reflex being exposed.

I am sure we will see you again.

Next time, just be straightforward. I spend 100 hours per week on average helping people... for no reason other than I want this project to exist. All I ask in return is the thing you seem incapable of. I guess it is a hazard of a life in sales.

BTW I am just a user. I do not represent LinuxMCE. I am one of the more active ones, but I am not the project and have no vested interest or authority.

bongowongo

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2012, 05:04:45 pm »
I guess that is easier than being honest.

Lol at creating a home automation "program" not being "that hard". See Google's android@home... or Microsoft HomeOS. I expect your resources are probably greater. Again... thirst does not go unquenched with liquid in front of you. You do not have a thirst for knowledge... you have dollar signs in your eyes. You are now having a fight or flight reflex being exposed.

I am sure we will see you again.

Next time, just be straightforward. I spend 100 hours per week on average helping people... for no reason other than I want this project to exist. All I ask in return is the thing you seem incapable of. I guess it is a hazard of a life in sales.

BTW I am just a user. I do not represent LinuxMCE. I am one of the more active ones, but I am not the project and have no vested interest or authority.

I have bongosigns in my eyes

davegravy

• Addicted
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2012, 01:58:22 am »
* davegravy reaches slowly into popcorn bag

tschak909

• LinuxMCE God
  • DOES work for LinuxMCE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2012, 02:35:18 am »
for the record, looks like this guy is gone.

-Thom

hari

• Administrator
  • LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
    • ago control
« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2012, 03:03:42 pm »
I have a few LinuxMCE for dummies for sale, they come with current supported hardware list. But you need to pay via western union.
rock your home - http://www.agocontrol.com home automation

bongowongo

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2012, 04:00:35 pm »
I have a few LinuxMCE for dummies for sale, they come with current supported hardware list. But you need to pay via western union.

We all know you are a nigerian prince.

posde

• Administrator
  • LinuxMCE God
  • Wastes Life On LinuxMCE Since 2007
    • View Profile
    • My Home
« Reply #14 on: September 14, 2012, 04:27:25 pm »
and you are his princess