General > Marketplace

Books, Manual, Training

(1/5) > >>

amphibian:
To all whom read here,

I assume (we all know what that means) that for LinunMCE related products for sale and in search of this is the place to post. If I'm wrong please advise. I hate making the same mistake twice....

I am in search of the following to purchase, trade or obtain for "free":

1: A current - up-to-date - paperback, hardbook or CD on the installation, set-up and workings of a basic LinuxMCE,

2: A current - up-to-date - paperback, hardbook or CD of "advanced" workings of LinuxMCE ( like a CE based description, or, a LinuxMCE Bible),

3: Information and/or location of any LinuxMCE "CE" training or testing programs available in the U.S. (Texas) or website location for such,

4: Location of description of "Required Licenses" and how to obtain them if any are required,

5: Someone whom would be willing to provide me a detailed list (model numbers, description, etc..), or, a url,  of a complete working system they have set up. I found after reading a few forum post that some of the cards and such are either hard to find or no longer available. I am very eager to set-up a working system using current available equipment for my learning lab so I don't want to spend a lot of money on cards that I either don't need or won't work. I am willing to pay a reasonable amount for such a list.

I have a serious thirst for knowledge in projects like this. I would love to obtain any used books available as long as they are in fairly good shape and I'm not charged the original price paid (yes I'm a cheap tightwad). MUST BE IN ENGLISH, no offence to anyone, I'm too old to learn another language at this point in my life.  I will pay for shipping to the U.S. (Texas). I wish to obtain as much knowledge as possible from reading books or materials without reading the Wiki. I don't do well with wiki's.

Thanks for your time,

Amphibian

bongowongo:

--- Quote from: amphibian on September 12, 2012, 05:02:56 pm ---To all whom read here,

I assume (we all know what that means) that for LinunMCE related products for sale and in search of this is the place to post. If I'm wrong please advise. I hate making the same mistake twice....

I am in search of the following to purchase, trade or obtain for "free":

1: A current - up-to-date - paperback, hardbook or CD on the installation, set-up and workings of a basic LinuxMCE,

2: A current - up-to-date - paperback, hardbook or CD of "advanced" workings of LinuxMCE ( like a CE based description, or, a LinuxMCE Bible),

3: Information and/or location of any LinuxMCE "CE" training or testing programs available in the U.S. (Texas) or website location for such,

4: Location of description of "Required Licenses" and how to obtain them if any are required,

5: Someone whom would be willing to provide me a detailed list (model numbers, description, etc..), or, a url,  of a complete working system they have set up. I found after reading a few forum post that some of the cards and such are either hard to find or no longer available. I am very eager to set-up a working system using current available equipment for my learning lab so I don't want to spend a lot of money on cards that I either don't need or won't work. I am willing to pay a reasonable amount for such a list.

I have a serious thirst for knowledge in projects like this. I would love to obtain any used books available as long as they are in fairly good shape and I'm not charged the original price paid (yes I'm a cheap tightwad). MUST BE IN ENGLISH, no offence to anyone, I'm too old to learn another language at this point in my life.  I will pay for shipping to the U.S. (Texas). I wish to obtain as much knowledge as possible from reading books or materials without reading the Wiki. I don't do well with wiki's.

Thanks for your time,

Amphibian

--- End quote ---

There are no books that I know of, but since you are a cheap tightwad why not try the wiki?

posde:
I have a copy of a book, that covers parts of the system. If you PM me your address, I shall forward it to you. You can PayPal me the shipping costs when you have received it.

l3mce:
You cannot sell LinuxMCE. You clearly know this as you are purposefully being disingenuous about your reasons for wanting hard copy/setup information.

That is all.

amphibian:
Sir 13mce,

you wrote "You cannot sell LinuxMCE. You clearly know this as you are purposefully being disingenuous about your reasons for wanting hard copy/setup information."

No where have I indicated or do I believe that I have lead anyone to thinking I wanted to "sell" LinuxMCE. I think I've made it very clear as to what my intentions are and also that I have been forthcoming in where I hope to be knowledge wise with the use of LinuxMCE.  Only a self-assuming, egotistical, self-righteous narcissistic SOB would even make such a statement to a newby (such as myself) to great a project that I feel LinuxMCE is. 

Even with all the Asterisk, Elastix PBX, Web, Mail and other like servers I posses not once have I sold or offered to sell the software or violated any license agreement to free and open source projects. Now I admit to being guilty as a reseller of  VoIP, offering answering & dispatch services, hosted PBX services, and development of training manuals as that is how I make my living, but not once have I ever offered to sell any PBX, Web and/or any associated hardware that includes or have installed open source licensed software. My only request for license information was to make sure that I didn't violate any copy-write laws pertaining to the recording, ripping or storing of music and videos on the server since I'm new to this project.

When I get involved with what I feel is an exciting project I go full force into learning it so that I can take full advantage of the project and eventually try to return the faavor of free by offering up knowledge that can help others. I have even been known to donate to the cause, including but not limited to, monies and the designing of hardware/software to further the project when it meant that it would benefit the multitudes of the masses. I belong to several groups in this state and we all have the same intentions. We like to take new ideas and make them work. There is no greater enjoyment then being able to be on the "ground floor" of a new project and being part of its advancement and make new ideas work.

Normally, being the sixty-two year old A**hole I am proud to be, I would tell you where you could put LinuxMCE but I'm not going to allow some inept like you to cause me to lower my standards to your level by doing so. I can though assure you that the likelihood of me wanting to jump and have any further desire to offer up my asterisk knowledge or other assistance on this project is not likely to happen any time soon.  It's people like you that force good well intentioned individuals to want to run as far as one can the other direction. If you are a resemblance of what one has to look forward to on this forum when asking for assistance or knowledge then I may well be wasting my time being here.

Amphibian

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Sitemap 
Go to full version