Author Topic: Kwikset SmartCode Deadbolt Door Lock - Supported or not?  (Read 4212 times)

cvalentine

• First post!
    • View Profile
Kwikset SmartCode Deadbolt Door Lock - Supported or not?
« on: January 02, 2012, 04:51:08 pm »
I've been unable to find much information to support whether or not this motorized door lock series will work with MCE. I've seen a few posts out there stating that the Schlage series is not supported due to encryption. This Z-Wave enabled Kwikset series has 128-bit AES encryption and is certified to work with C-4 controllers.

Does anyone know if MCE supports interfacing with these encrypted devices before I make this investment?

davegravy

• Addicted
    • View Profile
Re: Kwikset SmartCode Deadbolt Door Lock - Supported or not?
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2012, 09:05:17 pm »
My understanding is that the main Z-wave dev (Hari) lives in the UK and because none of the Z-wave door locks are available in UK frequencies he's not interest in adding support for encryption.

Perhaps if a group of users got together and sent him a unit along with an incentive ($$) he'd consider changing his mind.

hari

• Administrator
  • LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
    • ago control
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2012, 09:10:18 pm »
I'm not living in the UK ;-)

I don't want a sample from US as I'm not allowed to use its frequency here..

br Hari
rock your home - http://www.agocontrol.com home automation

acald

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2012, 01:40:26 am »
Hari, as a newbie I'm a bit hesitant to ask this question however I'll stick my neck out there:

Any pointers as to where to start with getting the encryption protocol added to the LinuxMCE setup.  I installed one of these locks the other day and the WAF was through the roof (she wants me to put one on the other two doors.)  I probably will never understand all of the innards as the powers that be but if there is a chance of tweaking the driver and testing, I think I could pull that off.

I have some scripting experience and decent common sense so I think this may be a project I dare take on.

(Please protect me from the wrath of Thom  :-[)