Author Topic: Can Not gain Access To FreePBX Setup  (Read 1861 times)

amphibian

Can Not gain Access To FreePBX Setup
« on: September 10, 2012, 07:53:24 am »
Hey Team,

Just downloaded "LMCE-1004-20120909134326459.iso" and installed it. Seems all went well till I tried to gain access to
"Advanced" - "Phones setup". When I click on the "phone setup" I get a returned page of "Not Found", "The requested URL /admin/ was not found on this server.

Could someone be so kind as to advise how to correct this. Do I need to down load some more files, search for a file and correct it's URL setting?

Thanks

fastie81

• Veteran
  • SSDD
    • View Profile
Re: Can Not gain Access To FreePBX Setup
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2012, 08:35:37 am »
Hi

FreePBX has been removed.
but the link has not been removed from webmin yet.

C

amphibian

« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2012, 08:45:56 am »
Reason why it was removed?

Is there a different web interface to setup the asterisk portion other then manual file editing?

Thanks
Amphibian

sambuca

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2012, 09:38:08 am »
LMCE now uses the realtime db feature of Asterisk to do the setup, so there are no files to edit.

You should be able to set up phones and lines using the "Wizard" pages (not the advanced pages). Look for "Wizard - Devices - Phones" and ".. - Phone Lines".

best regards,
sambuca

amphibian

« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2012, 01:10:05 pm »

What -- "LMCE now uses the realtime db feature of Asterisk to do the setup, so there are no files to edit." That like taking the legs off at the knee caps of a brand new baby....

With FreePBX (or other like GUI), it offers a GUI to the "real" workings of Asterisk like Trunking, Video & Audio Conferencing and much much more that was available and used in LinuxMCE 8.10. I know as I was using it.

What was the last version of LinuxMCE it was included? Can it be installed in this newer version without much pain or do I need to be stuck with 8.10?

I hope that the developers soon decide to put something like FreePBX back into LinuxMCE. LinuxMCE is, beyond a doubt, the greatest program available for HA.

Thanks again

Amphibian

posde

• Administrator
  • LinuxMCE God
  • Wastes Life On LinuxMCE Since 2007
    • View Profile
    • My Home
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2012, 04:29:29 pm »
Once you understand LinuxMCE use of Asterisk, and how it interacts together, you will note that there might not be a reason to abuse another web frontend.

If you have specific needs, that you don't find a solution for with in the LinuxMCE web admin, feel free to detail it. We will NOT include something like FreePBX again.

tschak909

• LinuxMCE God
  • DOES work for LinuxMCE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2012, 06:15:28 pm »
I do understand your frustration, amphibian.

Our decision was not undertaken lightly, as we had found that people who did not understand how LinuxMCE worked, were taking FreePBX and hacking around the LinuxMCE phone bits, and wondering why the integration with Orbiter suddenly stopped working.

This is part of a long term push to try and minimize the number of user interfaces present in the entire system to one consistent UI, which can handle the functionality that most people need.

The Web admin UI is very flexible, and can be extended to configure a wide variety of devices and needs, all in response to devices being inserted/removed from the system, and as always, we are not only working on it ourselves, but are accepting patches from others to get the functionality that they need.

This isn't a dead end by any means, and all we're asking is that you tell those of us who are working on the telecom parts what you're needing and what you're missing, either we'll tell you how to get what you need, provide logistical support so that we can help you write what you need, or write it when we can.

-Thom

amphibian

« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2012, 03:54:24 am »
Gentlemen,

I guess somewhere along the line I gave the impression that I was frustrated that FreePbx was removed. Not frustrated, just couldn't understand why a GUI to the operations of Asterisk, the top among free PBX/Phone Controller software available, was removed thus limiting the possibilities of some great functions available to the end users of LinuxMCE.

I sometimes forget that since I am a CAE (Certified Asterisk Engineer), have a EE & Computer Science Degree that others are not as well versed as I so I can see the point you mentioned about others whom are less fortunate trying to hack around the LinuxMCE and screwing things up. I get that. It just nice sometimes to have a GUI interface rather then manually changing so much code. I'll just bypass the LinuxMCE code and redirect all function to/from LinuxMCE to Asterisk to my other asterisk machines and let those machine be the pbx of LunixMCE. Maybe in the future you could consider having FreePBX or Elastix as an option available as a add-on for those off us that know and understand asterisk and what its unlimited possibilities are.

I appreciate the responses.
Thanks again,

Amphibian

tschak909

• LinuxMCE God
  • DOES work for LinuxMCE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2012, 03:57:32 am »
I ask Again, could you work with us and DESCRIBE what you're doing, so we can more effectively fold such features into our UI?

-Thom

amphibian

« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2012, 05:09:10 am »
Thom,

Yes sir I can do that with pleasure.

I provide VoIP service to the commercial & private sector including PBX systems that offer full VoIP services like audio & video conferencing, security monitoring, web conferencing, two-way radio dispatch using VoIp,  etc.... Most all of my pbx machines run Elastix and radio dispatch run straight asterisk.
Last year I was fixing to write the code to incorporate the availability of HA services/control into the Elastix machines when I ran across LinuxMCE. After installing and setting up LinuxMCE and seeing that it had FreePBX it saved me a lot of time and efforts that others had already invested. Great working piece of software LinuxMCE is.

I installed ver. 8.10, using FreePBX all I had to do to tie it into my other servers was to set up trunks between LinuxMCE and other machines. Having FreePBX as a GUI makes it very simple to interface trunks, without it I have to manually enter the trunks set-ups. Not a big deal just a lot of code entering that the GUI does for me. Without the FreePBX GUI setting up trunks to other VoIp providers that require a special string function or manual entering of peer details makes it hard to do as there is no way to do it in LinuxMCE without doing it manually in the astrisk code files. Once trunks are set-up, I now have access from Obiter to my PBX's or two-way radios (like ham gear) from the comfort of my recliner. In addition I can have video conferencing routed through core as a channel to MDs so that I can visit with family and friends, and, using the security surveillance cameras installed under Elastix I can also monitor those also through the core.. By doing it this way I eliminate all the additional equipment in each room and only having central "core" rack space used in one room.. All my door bells, remote building access locks, security cameras located throughout the U. S.  are accessable through LinuxMCE if I so desire.

This is only a few of the thing I can do, the possibilities are now endless with the LinuxMCE, Asterisk & Elastix. This is only a short version of what I'm currently doing as I would probably have to write a book to list them all.

Thank you for your interest, this may be of use to you and then again maybe not.

Amphibian

posde

• Administrator
  • LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
    • My Home
« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2012, 06:42:03 am »
I think you might be missing the point: LinuxMCE does provide a means to configure telecom via web admin. It uses lingo geared towards a home owner, not someone really versed in PBXes. As was pointed out a few threads before, the phone and phoneline options, together with the other telecom options in the top menu of web admin DO provide everything *I* have ever needed for setting up scenarios to fit my telecom bill.

lemming86_au

• Veteran
    • View Profile
    • Josh Hagger
« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2012, 09:09:53 am »
I will add my 5c.
The big killers for me not using it are support for multiple trunks & custom inbound/outbound routes.
I have three trunks (home VoIP, backup land line & office), whereas the current setup seems to only be useful for one.

Regards,
Josh

bulek

• Administrator
  • wants to work for LinuxMCE
  • Living with LMCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2012, 12:58:29 pm »
Hi,

amphibian: I'd love to read more info about your setup.It sounds interesting (not for casual LMCE use, but for others) and would love to read about it...

Also, I'm using extensively FreePBX (have more incoming trunks: VOIP provider that is not supported under LMCE over dedicated network card, VOIP provider over Internet, Sipura 3000 as GSM gateway, Sipura 2000 as doorphone, POTS gateway, then more outgoing trunks : VOIP provider 1 and 2, Sipura 3000 for GSM calls... So far I'm lucky that Dianemo still has Freepbx, so I can continue using it... I also think that call routing for each user is a bit overhead for simple, ordinary use of LMCE. That's why I do this in dirty way - I create additional user HousePhone, reroute incoming calls to this user, and set call routing over web-admin only for this user...

But can understand, that for simplicity, Freepbx has been ruled out...

Regards,

Bulek.

« Last Edit: September 11, 2012, 01:01:11 pm by bulek »
Thanks in advance,

regards,

Bulek.

JaseP

• Addicted
    • View Profile
    • JaseP's LinuxMCE Wiki User page
« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2012, 04:08:44 pm »
I would love to read about all of this,... I have an SPA3102, an Obi110, two Google Voice numbers (one for me, one for SWMBO) and haven't even configured anything yet (for lack of time and fear that SWMBO, a/k/a "The Breaker of Things," would discover a way to screw it up & blame me for complicating things with my "gadgets").
See my User page on the LinuxMCE Wiki for a description of my system configuration (click the little globe under my profile pic).

posde

• Administrator
  • LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
    • My Home
« Reply #14 on: September 11, 2012, 04:12:27 pm »
The big killers for me not using it are support for multiple trunks & custom inbound/outbound routes.
I have three trunks (home VoIP, backup land line & office), whereas the current setup seems to only be useful for one.

Well, did you try adding multiple phone lines using the web admin for 1004? It is suppose to work already.

Did you try the Telecom/Call Routing in 1004? It should already allow routing.

If there is anything missing in these areas, open a trac ticket (make sure to select Asterisk as the project part), and we can deal with it.

As I said earlier: I *think* the current setup supports a usual home setup location (and maybe even smaller office scenarios).