Author Topic: [not quite SOLVED]lmce beta- media not being displayed  (Read 17178 times)

maverick0815

• Administrator
  • wants to work for LinuxMCE
    • View Profile
Re: [not quite SOLVED]lmce beta- media not being displayed
« Reply #30 on: September 11, 2012, 05:00:12 pm »
you're right, I only copied the file from the core to the md.
As I stated before, the pdbedit threw me off with an error and that is the only thing I have tried so far.
Since sambahelper is created via a script, and there is obviously a problem with the passworddatabase, maybe I should wait for a new image to try, or is it possible to run the script in question manually?

jamo

• Guru
    • View Profile
    • LMCE user Page
« Reply #31 on: September 11, 2012, 09:54:53 pm »
Out of my depth here, I'm afraid. As mentioned in my pm to you, I wouldn't go further down this route unless you really feel your installation is hosed and you are about to re-install... then you can afford to mess a few things up but it will be really a shot in the dark. Since you've done nothing untoward and seem to be having samba errors (as reported in the samba log) I still think your media not showing is to do with the statusradar/samba connection thing but I could be way off.

Anyone else offer any clues? Any luck on the ticket?

maverick0815

• Administrator
  • wants to work for LinuxMCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 12, 2012, 01:59:01 pm »
so far nothing. l3mce offered a modified radar script, but that didn't help so far.
Right now I'm just hoping that I'm either the only one with a borked install, so a new image would be reasonable, or that there are more with this problem and the devs will find good cause to take a closer look.

jamo

• Guru
    • View Profile
    • LMCE user Page
« Reply #33 on: September 12, 2012, 02:26:36 pm »
davegravy? You said you had similar issues... can you confirm?

Anyone else out there who has downloaded a recent snapshot, who has a 2nd media drive in the core and is *not* experiencing this problem?