Author Topic: Quick Reload Loop  (Read 3496 times)

PKWilson

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
Quick Reload Loop
« on: September 07, 2012, 01:14:44 am »
Hi All

I had a problem in 8.10 that has now also come about in 10.04. Whenever an orbiter loads it tells me that it wants to reload the router because I have recently added/removed a device. I say "Yes, do it now" and as soon as the orbiter opens back up, it wants to reload again. It doesn't matter what orbiter, I load, the first thing it says is that it wants to reload the router.

Is there any way I can find out what is triggering the reload? Could it be that whatever flags the system as needing a reload isn't being cleared?

Is there some extra logging that I can turn on to see when the request to reload is being set, if so, which log file do I watch...DCERouter.log? If I can see when it is happening, I may be able to work out what device is causing it.

Or is there something I can lookup in MySQL to see what device is requesting a reload?

I was hoping for something a bit less brute-force than removing devices until it stops, but if I have to, I'll give that a go.

Thanks
Phil

l3mce

• NEEDS to work for LinuxMCE
    • View Profile
Re: Quick Reload Loop
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2012, 06:16:00 pm »
Do you have a gyration device? Just curious.

I have no idea why that happens. I am not even sure there is a trouble ticket for it. I will try and figure it out. I just am so used to it I ignore it. I will look into it again.
I never quit... I just ping out.

PKWilson

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Quick Reload Loop
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2012, 02:31:54 am »
No, no gyration. I have a suspicion it's my Yamaha receiver which has a number of child zones attached to it. I was just curious if there was some sort of built in trail I could follow to see exactly what device was flagging the system as needing a reload.

Cheers