Issues I've researched/experience with these gadgets;
(1) P.I.T.A. in terms of configuring it ("dumping" Z-wave net to them as secondary controllers)... EZ to screw that up.
not in SIS mode
(2) I don't even know if LMCE even responds directly to Z-wave events from these gadgets (don't think so, maybe custom?!)...
(3) Expensive (most of them)...
z-wave doorbell with ringer is about 50.- EUR
(4) To make it more complicated there are scene controllers and zone controllers,... and they work differently ... &
not relevant for this
(5) There's a Z-wave "zone protocol" to consider, which I don't know if LinuxMCE supports (or whether that even matters to LinuxMCE, or is completely superfluous)...
again not relevant