Author Topic: Nb9wmaxx+voip iinet+asterisk+freebpx setup  (Read 6852 times)

m_azza

• View Profile
Nb9wmaxx+voip iinet+asterisk+freebpx setup
« on: August 21, 2012, 05:25:27 am »
Hi i have currently setup linuxmce 810 and im quite happy with it . But im wanting to start using linuxmce and asterick to handle incoming and outbound calls . At the moment the dsl router is doing this but would like to intergrate this into linuxmce .  my setup is the following:

dsl netcomm nb9wmaxx which plugs into core. (Dhcp is running on core) I also have an analog phone plugged into phone 1 port .

how should i configure the dsl modem and configure asterisk?
or does anyone have any links on maybe explaninng what i need to do .

Armor Gnome

• Guru
    • View Profile
Re: Nb9wmaxx+voip iinet+asterisk+freebpx setup
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2012, 05:52:01 am »
Under 8.10 you are still probably needing to use the FreePBX utility.  It is accessible via Advanced>Phone Lines on the admin page, I believe.  It has been a little while and 10.04 does not use FreePBX any longer.

There was quite a bit of information on the wiki about using FreePBX and how to get into it from web-admin.  There should be links there still to get you to the FreePBX webpage for specifics on settings and configuration. 

Taken from Whirpool:

VoIP
Go to wiki
FXS (ATA) ports    2
Go to wiki
FXO ports    1
Go to wiki
PSTN fallback    Yes
Go to wiki
VoIP Dial Plans    Yes
Go to wiki
PSTN Dial Plans    No
Go to wiki
Supports Telephony features (caller ID, call forward, etc)    Yes
Caller ID, Call On-Hold, Call Forward, Call Waiting and Transfer
Go to wiki
VoIP provider config presets    No
Go to wiki
Number of VOIP providers supported    1
Each FXS port can have a separate VoIP account but must be from the same provider
Go to wiki
T.38 (Fax over IP)    Yes 

So your external router IS your ata...  Do you have another external router you could use which would let you move the nb9wmaxx onto the internal network and turn its' DHCP off?  Barring that I have been successful using resources on the external network but that was for fairly generic devices that once I told lmce where to find it (ie the external LAN IP) it worked but unless there is a template for a router+ata I am not sure asterisk will be able to configure it.  Rumor has it that some providers will try to provide some assistance for SIP users or offer a forum where users can discuss their settings I would check there for sure if you haven't already. 
I made a wiki!  Click here to check out my system.

m_azza

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2012, 08:05:24 am »
Currently i have the dhcp turned off on the dsl router/modem and the wifi turned on and working through the core dhcp server . I was hoping to still use the origanal external modem/router as the ata device also. does anyone know if it possible?

Techstyle

• Addicted
    • View Profile
    • Techstyle UK Ltd.
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2012, 03:38:20 pm »
This should be possible, I briefly looked at http://www.exetel.com.au/voip_pdf/nb9wMaxx.pdf and then looked at a page I set up for a phone on the wiki http://wiki.linuxmce.org/index.php/EP-636_SIP_Phone and between those two you should be able to work out how to set up your phone/ata to work with LMCE.

You also need to set up your provider to work with Asterisk.  One thing I will warn you about is security.  I was hacked using Asterisk with 08.10 luckily as was on a pay as you go plan and it cost me less than 10GBP, others were not so lucky.  One suggestion people have had is adding fail2ban http://wiki.linuxmce.org/index.php/Fail2ban_-_A_tool_against_brute_force - I have no personal experience of this just giving you things to look at.

m_azza

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2012, 11:57:34 pm »
I have the ata working fine on the external network without using asterisk or linuxmce but how do i get asterisk to work with the ata through the external network.  at the moment  i have the external dsl/router/modem/ata on a 192.168.81.2 network and the core on 192.168.80.1 with a single network card in the core. So the nic has been setup with the following

eth0=192.168.81.1
eth0.0=192.168.80.1

the dhcp server from the core is working fine and im currently using the wifi on the external router and its recieving 192.168.80.1 address which is good (because i have turned off the dhcp server on the external router).

is there a way to use the external ata on the internal network ? basically how i have used the external wifi on the internal netork.

Armor Gnome

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2012, 01:28:45 am »
As I said I have had some luck with using devices on the external network, if a template exists you can go to web-admin>show device tree>add new device (or) create child of ___ , and simply put the IP and MAC address of the ATA on the external network.

The reason you need a template and to point it at a specific location is that in my experience the external network is not probed for new pnp devices like the internal network is.  On your setup you have some special rules about what part of the external network is used by the internal network so I am not sure of your specifics.  Is the modem/router/ata/wifi all one IP address and MAC on the external network or are the components separated somehow?  You were able to take the AP away from the external network and let the core DHCP have it so you might be able to do the same with the address info of the ATA.

If you don't mind could you please describe the process of configuring LMCE to use the AP of the external router?  I have a small guide for using external network resources and would love to combine that with your experience for a wiki article.
I made a wiki!  Click here to check out my system.

m_azza

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2012, 06:30:30 am »
Is the modem/router/ata/wifi all one IP address and MAC on the external network or are the components separated somehow?  You were able to take the AP away from the external network and let the core DHCP have it so you might be able to do the same with the address info of the ATA.

All i have done is disabled the dhcp server on the dsl router and statically assigned the router an ip address of 192.168.81.2 and the core with a static ip address on etho 192.168.81.1 and on the same nic create a sub interface of eth0:0 192.168.80.1 (the dhcp linuxmce dhcp server address . (All the core setting are done in linuxmce admin web screen).

In regards to the modem/router/ata/wifi its all on the same ip address 192.168.81.2 and mac. I guess i will have to try adding a ip phone or orbitor on the internal network through web admin and try and make some calls if possible. At the moment i Just to test to see if voip is being routered to the internal network like the wifi is.