Author Topic: System and surveillance videos ending up in video list 10.04  (Read 2186 times)

jamo

• Guru
    • View Profile
    • LMCE user Page
System and surveillance videos ending up in video list 10.04
« on: August 14, 2012, 02:22:45 pm »
OK, so I have two HDDs on my system- the system drive where LMCE is installed and my media drive.

All was working well until the other day on boot of one of the media directors I was told that a new drive was detected. Huh? So I presumed it was seeing the system drive or, if not, it was a drive I didn't know about (!) so I chose to ignore every time (I should probably have noted the details but I think it referred to my system drive).

Anyway, since then, and I therefore presume it's related (post hoc ergo propter hoc) I'm seeing all the system videos (sarah clips etc) and surveillance videos from my motion cam listing when I go to browse videos! These videos obviously reside on the system drive so somewhere/somehow the system has scanned and indexed these.

1. My existing videos are still accessible although to see them I have to jump to a letter in the alphabet or presumably adjust the default filter.
2. The system videos aren't viewable (file not available or something) when I try to play them. Mostly that doesn't matter to me as much as I enjoy the sarah clips... but I did think it would be interesting to view my surveillance clips here but they don't view either. Not surprising since I told the system not to use that disk.

But it is surprising that these have been indexed.

So is it a faulty radar/media updater somewhere that for some reason has indexed these avi, mpg etc files on the system drive? Or is it the fact that I've done a fair bit of "resynchronize" on the media files sync admin section while sorting out my music collection, or something else? Any ideas?

At the moment, my plan is to fix by finding where in the database these exist and deleting them with a few well chosen sql commands.

Incidentally I have tried "Delete files that exist only in database" from various points on the media browser tree on webadmin but no luck there.

Any thoughts/comments?

jamo

• Guru
    • View Profile
    • LMCE user Page
Re: System and surveillance videos ending up in video list 10.04
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2012, 10:22:33 pm »
OK, I didn't figure out why it happened but I fixed their wagon with some judicious use of sql in the database. In the pluto_media database File table the cluprits existed and can be isolated by their paths.

Incidentally, I *was* able to play the security videos...which *was* interesting... so I may consider creating a radar to put them in the database formally at some stage but tag them appropriately so they don't clutter up the default sorts and perhaps... well, other things, but that's another topic for another day. For now, they're gone.