Author Topic: Conditional Lighting Scenarios,  (Read 10798 times)

JaseP

• Addicted
    • View Profile
    • JaseP's LinuxMCE Wiki User page
Re: Conditional Lighting Scenarios,
« Reply #15 on: August 13, 2012, 05:08:43 pm »
Please do tell! I'd like to try and see if I can get it to work.

I was referring to the UI2 lighting menu option on the main F7 menu... I think there's two options, though,... On & Off... So not exactly what you want.

Quote from: Bobcatt
Also, I thought I had an event setup, to do something based on time and security house code, but it isn't working like I thought. (it's nothing to do with an orbiter triggering an event, but everything to do with how the respond to event feature works, which is what this thread is really about)

Has anyone gotten an event to fire based on both Time and Security House mode? Specifically, my wife and I always forget to turn off the security system in the morning. I’d like to trigger and event that at 7:30 if security system is “At Home Secure” disarm system. I obviously don’t want it to do this if it’s “Armed” or “Extended Away”. I’ve tried and retried testing different options for hours it doesn’t work. I told it that Specific Time = 07:30 and House Code = 2, but it seems to ignore house code and simply do whatever I program at 7:30 regardless of house code.

On my MCV Vera, that would be set up by creating a global scene,... Which you could be activated or not activated,... In other words, you create a scene which does what you want while your away and another that does things while you're home, and a third, which switches between the two.

E.G.:
  • Settings for extended away (scene: on/off)
  • Settings while home (scene: on/off)
  • Toggle between scenes (when it activates one, it deactivates the other

The scene settings can be pretty involved on a MCV Vera (even supporting the LUA programming language). Whereas, in LinuxMCE, making them too complex can mess up things like playback. I saw that in the wiki, and don't know if it's ever been addressed.

In your scenario, if you had a a MCV Vera as a secondary controller, as I do, you could have your more elaborate security scenarios be triggered in MCV Vera by arming a particular sensor using LinuxMCE. In other words, security setting #1 can be triggered by having LinuxMCE arming an IR movement sensor, while a particular scene or device is active. If it is armed while another scene or device is activated, it could trigger a security setting #2.

To accomplish this, you might need to have a plug-in scene controller, such as a Wayne Dalton WDHA-12R (which is a rebranded device), to act as intermediary, and figure out a way to have LinuxMCE trigger both the scene used (at home, out, extended away) and arm the system (second trigger in the form of arming a sensor). If you have multiple sensors, you might be able to trigger the particular security scenarios by arming particular combinations of the sensors, which can then trigger a MCV Vera to respond by going into that scenario (treating the arming sequence like it was a combination trigger,... e.g.; sensor1=armed + sensor2=not-armed + sensor3=armed --> security profile #2).
See my User page on the LinuxMCE Wiki for a description of my system configuration (click the little globe under my profile pic).

JaseP

• Addicted
    • View Profile
    • JaseP's LinuxMCE Wiki User page
« Reply #16 on: August 13, 2012, 05:16:55 pm »
With the exception of the morning following a great night out at bars... When I go into my bathroom I want a light on. Add a sensor and the act of walking in gives me the desired outcome.

"If it is on already, send it an off command. If it's off, leave it off."  That four part statement can be simplified to, "I want the light off.". Send an off command to device x, mission accomplished. 

The K-I-S-S philosophy, ... You don't need $225 worth of Z-wave equipment for a bathroom light,...

http://www.smarthome.com/59305IV/GE-57884-Motion-Sensing-Single-Pole-In-Wall-Switch-Ivory/p.aspx
(not an endorsement of Smarthome,... just to illustrate the point)

See my User page on the LinuxMCE Wiki for a description of my system configuration (click the little globe under my profile pic).

davegravy

• Addicted
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 14, 2012, 02:45:57 pm »
Please do tell! I'd like to try and see if I can get it to work.

Also, I thought I had an event setup, to do something based on time and security house code, but it isn't working like I thought. (it's nothing to do with an orbiter triggering an event, but everything to do with how the respond to event feature works, which is what this thread is really about)

Has anyone gotten an event to fire based on both Time and Security House mode? Specifically, my wife and I always forget to turn off the security system in the morning. I’d like to trigger and event that at 7:30 if security system is “At Home Secure” disarm system. I obviously don’t want it to do this if it’s “Armed” or “Extended Away”. I’ve tried and retried testing different options for hours it doesn’t work. I told it that Specific Time = 07:30 and House Code = 2, but it seems to ignore house code and simply do whatever I program at 7:30 regardless of house code.

Thanks,

I tried to get something like this to work a while back, and don't recall if I ever succeeded (I've been without LMCE for a bit while doing renos) .Basically my approach was to trigger a bash script which:

1)uses messagesend to query the device status / house mode / etc
2)performs whatever logic necessary
3)uses messagesend to send the appropriate commands to the appropriate devices given 1 and 2.

The issue was with #1, as it wasn't returning live data properly. Again, I can't remember how or if I got around it.

The thread, for reference, is here:

http://forum.linuxmce.org/index.php/topic,12456.0.html