Thanks to armorgnome for helping me figure out why intels were breaking.
A while back I added code to update the pciid database so I could get better information on newer cards, and an odd quirk was that some were coming back in upper case. I changed the scheme to convert all names to upper case, but on the Intel side missed a supplemental install which is necessary for many of them to work. Unfortunately a blogger trying to install LMCE was affected by this, so his experience was less than good and his opinion of the project, less than favorable.
There should be a new build sometime later today, and a new snap. If you were affected by this
sudo apt-get update
apt-cache policy pluto-boot-scripts | grep -i candidate
When the version is >= 26303 then either, sudo apt-get install pluto-boot-scripts, or sudo apt-get upgrade.
Sorry for the oversight.