Author Topic: 10.04 DVD install experience  (Read 15979 times)

l3mce

• NEEDS to work for LinuxMCE
    • View Profile
Re: 10.04 DVD install experience
« Reply #30 on: August 17, 2012, 06:27:35 pm »
As far as graphics goes, you may have better luck with the cirrus driver, or with the VMware vga driver (vmvga or svga, depending on your qemu version).  The VMware VGA driver ships with most current Xorg packages.  Some of the devs run ESX, so someone may have coded in support for it's video drivers.

Hope that helps!

/Mike

What kvm reports as its VGA "chipset" under lspci changes, and the fbdev driver works on everything. As a catch all "I don't know what the hell this is" I use fbdev. Hacking around the detection logic to try and get a slightly better result in a vm is not recommended nor supported.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2012, 07:25:35 pm by l3mce »
I never quit... I just ping out.

JaseP

• Addicted
    • View Profile
    • JaseP's LinuxMCE Wiki User page
Re: 10.04 DVD install experience
« Reply #31 on: August 17, 2012, 07:06:21 pm »
Basic support is fine/great/all I'm looking for... Thanks. I'm not concerned with playback performance, or anything like that. This is an experiment only,... a way to provide a basic test bed for hacking, tinkering, dissecting, learning, etc. without screwing around with an installed system...

See my User page on the LinuxMCE Wiki for a description of my system configuration (click the little globe under my profile pic).