Author Topic: Raspberry Pi builder  (Read 36116 times)

phenigma

• LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
Re: Raspberry Pi builder
« Reply #30 on: January 27, 2013, 08:51:18 pm »
Clarifying my omxplayer babbling.

When I speak of creating an omx player device for lmce many people seem to think I am talking about a dce wrapper for the console based omxplayer.  This is not what my intentions are. 

omxplayer is essentially a console interface to a statically compiled omx library.  My intention is to port the player portion to dce so that it is a native device like xine, not a console wrapper like mplayer.

:)  Just wanted to clear that up in case there were any misconceptions about my intentions for the device.

J.

golgoj4

• NEEDS to work for LinuxMCE
  • hrumpf!
    • View Profile
    • Mah Website
« Reply #31 on: January 29, 2013, 02:17:50 pm »
im working on the imdb / tvdb tickets
Linuxmce - Where everyone is never wrong, but we are always behind xbmc in the media / ui department.

siepacz

• Making baby steps
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 27, 2013, 01:54:55 pm »
Not sure specifically what you mean by how far my builder has progressed?  I had previously built all the packages for raspbian/armhf and they are up at dropbox for use in sources.list.  It has been a few months since I've done a rebuild of those packages but they work just fine with a 1004 core.  I have been puttering away the whole time.

I have a full MD running on 512MB RPi, photo-screensaver and UI1 with USB-UIRT.  Full MD with screensaver crashes on 256mb rpi.  The only piece of the puzzle that is missing is an omxplayer (a la mplayer_player) to handle media playback on the pi.

MD creation is essentially worked out, I have copious notes and have been working on updating scripts for proper MD functionality with as little alterations to current scripts as possible.  I have been waiting for 1004 release and lifting of feature freeze so I can request svn access and update everything I have here into svn.

Talking with golgo we decided that a UI1 based MD on rpi is the way to go until qorbiter matures more.

So... if there is anything that people could/should try to work on it is an omxplayer for pi mds.  With that we would have essentially complete MD functionality on the rpi.

Jason.

Hi All
I'm a happy user of LinuxMCE and last week I was trying to get MD on my 512MB Raspberry Pi. I've followed procedure "Proting Raspbian" on wiki page. At the moment I'm able to login to my "raspberry moon" (Pi is booting from the network and I'm getting login screen). So my question is :what I need to do, to have orbiter running on my Pi to be able i.eg listening a music. What do I miss during the install process or what extra steps needs to be done to have full MD on Raspberry Pi? I'm running 1004 Core
Thanks in advance for your help ;-)

Siepacz

phenigma

• LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 27, 2013, 04:39:11 pm »
Hello there, thanks for testing!

I'm glad that you have made it to the moonpi login.  That is as far as automatic setup takes you, at this point.  I expect to have automatic setup for MD functionality (without Audio/Video) working within a couple weeks and then I will be working on A/V playback.  Stay tuned!

Jason

siepacz

• Making baby steps
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 27, 2013, 05:10:38 pm »
Hello there, thanks for testing!

I'm glad that you have made it to the moonpi login.  That is as far as automatic setup takes you, at this point.  I expect to have automatic setup for MD functionality (without Audio/Video) working within a couple weeks and then I will be working on A/V playback.  Stay tuned!

Jason
Thanks and good luck  :) you are doing great job.....
THX
Siepacz

polly

• Administrator
  • Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 27, 2013, 05:16:37 pm »
....  working within a couple weeks and then I will be working on ....

if you need some more tests, let me know!
My RPI is waiting for LMCE  ;)

ochorocho

SBCC

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 29, 2013, 10:26:17 pm »
While running Diskless_CreateTBZ.sh I'm getting (from debootstrap.log)

Code: [Select]
dpkg-deb: file `.//var/cache/apt/archives/plymouth_0.8.5.1-5_armhf.deb' contains ununderstood data member data.tar.xz     , giving up
tar: This does not look like a tar archive
tar: Exiting with failure status due to previous errors

I don't know enough about apt to figure out where the error is coming from.

Any ideas?

Marie.O

• Administrator
  • LinuxMCE God
  • Wastes Life On LinuxMCE Since 2007
    • View Profile
    • My Home
« Reply #37 on: March 30, 2013, 12:00:55 am »
looks like an un-proper deb.

SBCC

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 30, 2013, 09:19:20 pm »
I think it may be a dpkg issue. I don't think it can handle the .xz extension. I got this to work in 11.10. I add lucidbleed ppa and upgraded dpkg to 1.16.1 ?? can't remember but I know it was 1.16 something. Still had an issue. It seems that the plymouth amrhf has the .xz extension but not the i386. For whatever reason.

phenigma

• LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 31, 2013, 07:14:08 am »
Did you follow the wiki and download the latest Diskless_CreateTBZ.sh from svn as instructed?  It deals with xz compressed .debs.

J.

SBCC

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 31, 2013, 02:57:53 pm »
I did. But in my stupidity I did not notice that it was named "Diskless_CreateTBZ.2.sh" and have been trying to still run Diskless_CreateTBZ.sh. It's running now.

Thanks for the wrap in the head!

Jim

phenigma

• LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 31, 2013, 05:27:33 pm »
:)  no problem.  I finally have Diskless_Create working under 1204 and I expect to be pushing hard to have a full md install shortly.

J.

SBCC

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 01, 2013, 01:27:49 am »
Works like a charm. Thanks for all your and all the others efforts here. Now to working on virtual usb com ports.

phenigma

• LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 01, 2013, 03:33:31 am »
Excellent!

J.

SBCC

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 02, 2013, 03:49:45 am »
I found out that raspbian has problems with serial adaptors and other usb devices. The source we are building from at raspbian.org does not have support for usb to serial adaptors. There are folks working on that  ;D. I have built a new kernel and updated the firmware and modules to include the latest commit. The rpi now attaches my prolific adaptor to ttyUSBx. There have been reports of this crashing after a while. I may not be able to test that just yet. I can outline the steps I took if wanted. Let me know.

Jim