Author Topic: Installation fails when processing packages  (Read 5025 times)

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
Installation fails when processing packages
« on: April 27, 2005, 10:07:45 am »
Hi,

We downloaded a new boot CD ISO image yesterday and are trying to install from that CD so that we have a 'Fresh' installation on our test server. The Debian install goes fine and we enter our Pluto install codes successfully...but then we get the following error messages on the console with an option to 'try again' y/n after each. If we try again we just get the same error;

Error - Processing of package DCerouter failed

Error - Processing of package Xine failed

Error - Processing of package MythTV failed

Any ideas on this?

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2005, 10:52:23 am »
Hi,

There was a typo in my previous post. The MythTV error should heva read as follows;

Error - Processing of package Pluto MythTV Plugin failed

Thanks.

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2005, 05:06:23 pm »
Are you comfortable with Linux?  If so, can you hit alt+f2 and login.  The cd to /var/log/pluto, and look for the log InitialInstall.newlog.  And can you send it to me at aaron.b [at] plutohome.com with the name 'totallymaxed' (so I know the connection).  Thx.

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2005, 04:45:16 pm »
DCERouter's post install script changes some permission settings in mysql, and then stops and restarts it.  I see in the log this:

Stopping MySQL database server: mysqld.
Starting MySQL database server: mysqld...failed.
Please take a look at the syslog.

Those messages come from mysql itself.  Mysql is failing to start, and therefore nothing can continue.  Please run: /etc/init.d/mysql restart

and tell me what you see.  And if it fails, check the end of /var/log/syslog to see what mysql reported was the reason it could not start.