Author Topic: gethostbyname2 for 'schema.linuxmce.org', failed  (Read 1175 times)

WhateverFits

  • Guru
  • ****
  • Posts: 228
    • View Profile
    • Sean Walker
gethostbyname2 for 'schema.linuxmce.org', failed
« on: July 18, 2012, 10:54:14 pm »
So, I ran an update, bad things happened. Oddities formed. One such thing is this:

Code: [Select]
01      07/18/12 11:19:10.588           gethostbyname2 for 'schema.linuxmce.org', failed, Last Error Code 3, Device: 1 <0xb78546d0>
05      07/18/12 11:19:10.588           void ClientSocket::Disconnect() on this socket: 0x860dc98 (m_Socket: 5) <0xb78546d0>
05      07/18/12 11:19:10.588           ClientSocket::Connect() not successful <0xb78546d0>

Any time I update sqlCVS, i get the preceding error.

Foxi352

  • Veteran
  • ***
  • Posts: 52
    • View Profile
Re: gethostbyname2 for 'schema.linuxmce.org', failed
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2012, 12:10:13 am »
Bug is found and a fix is currently being tested. Upon successful tests it will be committed for next fix.

WhateverFits

  • Guru
  • ****
  • Posts: 228
    • View Profile
    • Sean Walker
Re: gethostbyname2 for 'schema.linuxmce.org', failed
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2012, 01:21:39 am »
Wow! That was quick! Thanks so much!

Foxi352

  • Veteran
  • ***
  • Posts: 52
    • View Profile
Re: gethostbyname2 for 'schema.linuxmce.org', failed
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2012, 07:40:27 am »
There is a new build that should contain a temporary fix to make it work again. Could you upgrade and report back please ?

Thank you.

brononius

  • Guru
  • ****
  • Posts: 376
  • Trying to keep it simple and centralized...
    • View Profile
    • OnIrIa - linuxMCE blog (runs on ... linuxmce server)
Re: gethostbyname2 for 'schema.linuxmce.org', failed
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2012, 02:45:03 pm »
Could you upgrade and report back please ?

I'm having the same error. What do you mean with an upgrade?
Simply "apt-get upgrade", or something else?
Version: linuxMCE 1004 (v 2012-07-01)
Extra's: Cacti, webmin, phpmyadmin, joomla

Server: MSI MS-7519 / E7400 2,8GB / 4GB / SSD 60GB / Radeon HD4350 / RTL8111 - 3C905C-TX
Orbiters: HTC Desire Z, HP PocketPC, Samsung Galaxy S, iPAD, ASUS eeePAD
Automation: EIB technology, KNX IP ROUTER 750
Phones: Cisco 7940, Cisco 7960
Camera's: IPCAM02

sambuca

  • Guru
  • ****
  • Posts: 445
    • View Profile
Re: gethostbyname2 for 'schema.linuxmce.org', failed
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2012, 03:38:22 pm »
Yes, do
"apt-get update" followed by "apt-get upgrade"

br,
sambuca

brononius

  • Guru
  • ****
  • Posts: 376
  • Trying to keep it simple and centralized...
    • View Profile
    • OnIrIa - linuxMCE blog (runs on ... linuxmce server)
Re: gethostbyname2 for 'schema.linuxmce.org', failed
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2012, 05:46:51 pm »
I can confirm that an 'apt-get update / apt-get upgrade' solved the issue (for me)...
Version: linuxMCE 1004 (v 2012-07-01)
Extra's: Cacti, webmin, phpmyadmin, joomla

Server: MSI MS-7519 / E7400 2,8GB / 4GB / SSD 60GB / Radeon HD4350 / RTL8111 - 3C905C-TX
Orbiters: HTC Desire Z, HP PocketPC, Samsung Galaxy S, iPAD, ASUS eeePAD
Automation: EIB technology, KNX IP ROUTER 750
Phones: Cisco 7940, Cisco 7960
Camera's: IPCAM02

WhateverFits

  • Guru
  • ****
  • Posts: 228
    • View Profile
    • Sean Walker
Re: gethostbyname2 for 'schema.linuxmce.org', failed
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2012, 11:15:38 pm »
Worked for me too! Thanks!