Author Topic: 10.04 -> Second hard drive added to core but not detected [solved]  (Read 10118 times)

tschak909

• LinuxMCE God
  • DOES work for LinuxMCE.
    • View Profile
Re: 10.04 -> Second hard drive added to core but not detected
« Reply #15 on: July 20, 2012, 08:46:41 pm »
oh no, what happened?

-Thom

jamo

• Guru
    • View Profile
    • LMCE user Page
« Reply #16 on: July 20, 2012, 09:39:46 pm »
Not exactly sure... messing about with the scripts and SQL commands and I think the device tree is a bit poked. My Lounge MD has become a hybrid (at least in description) and a few other strange things.... it's running but I suspect on reboot things will tank so I've backed up a couple of scripts and things I was working on as well as taken some screenshots of some of the config that was a schlepp (camera and events setup) so I can get up and running again easily.

The system has had a lot of hacking as I've tried to work on various things and I'm not sure I've always cleaned up after myself ;-)

Must say, I'm not averse to re-installing, esp with 10-04 that's changing so fast and the installer getting better and better. It will be good to see if all the fixes for my hardware are in and working out of the box. I'll probably go for core-only again and it will be interesting to see if I hit the same issues with the 2nd hdd. Of course it will probably be in the machine to start with so not quite the same scenario but we shall see what happens.

Will probably leave the system running until I have the snapshot downloaded so I can still use it.

jamo

• Guru
    • View Profile
    • LMCE user Page
« Reply #17 on: July 31, 2012, 11:21:38 am »
Did a clean install and the hdd was picked up when setting up first media director so all sorted. Not sure if this has been resolved or not (if you add one later) but certainly on clean install (core-only) it seems to work fine.

ladekribs

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: 10.04 -> Second hard drive added to core but not detected [solved]
« Reply #18 on: September 15, 2012, 07:20:35 pm »
I think I have the same problem as Jamo had.

I had an old 1004 20120508033925950 installation with a 500GB Sata disk partioned into / 100GB Swap 5Gb and rest for a data partition, the root user (or what it is called) was "linuxmce", filled up the disk with data and could use it well.

Later I bought a solid state disk, removed the old 500 GB disk, and installed again from the DVD, user this timed was "lmce".
a few weeks later I installed the and repartioned the 500 GB using gparted to only hold one data partition.
Booted up LinuxMCE, but LinuxMCE did not see the disk even after many(10 maybe) reboots and reloads, so I fired up X on the Headless installation, and there from dolphin I can see the disk, and when I try to access it I am being asked for a password and if I enter correct password for user "lmce" (note both user have different password) I can access the disk, but LinuxMCE still does not see it.

can this be same issue?

BR Stefan

Marie.O

• Administrator
  • LinuxMCE God
  • Wastes Life On LinuxMCE Since 2007
    • View Profile
    • My Home
« Reply #19 on: September 15, 2012, 07:34:05 pm »
Your drive probably still has the same UUID that lmce already knows about.

ladekribs

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 15, 2012, 08:19:45 pm »
Posde , but how? This is a new installation LinuxMCE newer saw the disk before.
would it be listed under devices then?

BR Stefan
« Last Edit: September 15, 2012, 08:22:20 pm by ladekribs »