Author Topic: Ubuntu - problem with S-Video output with NVidia 6200  (Read 5632 times)

Striker

• Making baby steps
    • View Profile
Ubuntu - problem with S-Video output with NVidia 6200
« on: March 25, 2007, 03:44:54 pm »
Hi there,
    I have a NVidia 6200 with tv output. It is connected to my TV via S-Video. My computer is dedicated as a media center and has no monitor plugged to it, only the TV.

I can see the output on the TV, but the color are really weird. Kind of all pinky. I had the same problem under Windows and had to specifically select the S-Video option in the NVidia panel from the driver to get the correct output.

I have tried numerous things under Ubuntu in the xorg.conf file (SVIDEO output type, for example), without any luck.

I was really impressed by the video of LinuxMCE, great work. I want to try it to see if it can replace my Windows MCE. Anyone can help me get the correct color output on my TV?

Thanks

Hugolp

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Ubuntu - problem with S-Video output with NVidia 6200
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2007, 04:35:15 pm »
Do you have the nvidia drivers installed?

Striker

• Making baby steps
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2007, 04:41:44 pm »
I have the drivers that was installed by the Ubuntu installation. I haven't change those, I will try to install the drivers from nvidia.com.

I'll keep you posted,
Thanks

Hugolp

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2007, 05:35:04 pm »
I have the drivers that was installed by the Ubuntu installation. I haven't change those, I will try to install the drivers from nvidia.com.

I'll keep you posted,
Thanks

I have an Nvidia chipset as well and I got the instruccions to install the nvidia drivers from the ubuntu page: http://ubuntuguide.org/wiki/Ubuntu_Edgy

Very useful page.

Hugo

webpaul1

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2007, 03:13:52 am »
LMCE has nVidia's proprietary drivers already bundled and should automatically use them.  AFAIK, only these drivers implement XComposite, and teh open source nv drivers Ubuntu uses by default don't work very well for media playback.