Author Topic: problems with zotac ion?  (Read 3215 times)

Newguy2

• Veteran
    • View Profile
problems with zotac ion?
« on: June 23, 2012, 10:06:24 pm »
Greetings to one and all,

anybody else having difficulties getting zotac ion board running on 10.04? I tried installing 10.04 some 7 months ago and the same issues, so i went back to my 8.10 system which works with the board fine.  I'm trying 10.04 again, (which is the best and easiest install since i started off with 7.04 but i digress). anyway i'm giving 10.04 a shot again because i can use UI2 with my other MD fine if i upgrade to 10.04. with my zotac ion i get to a lmce splash screen point where it says "loading essential drivers", "Mounting file system",installing nvidia driver this may take a few minutes". then hangs there for about 20 mins, then says "loading lmce" and hangs until you get an all black screen.  now i would think that was a driver issue, has anybody else had this issue before i go fiddling around with it? :)

_if_

• Guru
    • View Profile
Re: problems with zotac ion?
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2012, 10:17:09 pm »
I'm running a Zotac ION as MD without problems on 10.04. At install it hangs at the same point you discribed, but after a reboot everything was running smoothly...

IF

Newguy2

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2012, 06:08:23 am »
I'm running a Zotac ION as MD without problems on 10.04. At install it hangs at the same point you discribed, but after a reboot everything was running smoothly...

IF

Thanks, I got it going. it seems that UI2 alpha blending was the issue......are you using alpha blending?  I was always using alpha blending without a problem with 8.10.

_if_

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2012, 11:54:17 am »
nope, UI2 without alpha blending...

l3mce

• NEEDS to work for LinuxMCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2012, 01:57:37 pm »
Hi. Please give me the output of:
lspci -nn | grep 'VGA'
dpkg-query -l nvidia* | grep '^ii'

Blending should not be a problem, at all... What about blending was the problem? What was the problem? What you are describing sounds like it either didn't know it was online, or could not install the driver due to some other broken packages or something. At that splash screen, btw, you can just hit esc to see what is going on in the background.
I never quit... I just ping out.