Author Topic: Keyboard commands  (Read 3635 times)

WSabey

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
Keyboard commands
« on: June 16, 2012, 02:44:50 am »
OK, this seems like a pretty stupid question, but I can't find any documentation on the wiki for what keys do what :-[. I, err, I can't figure out how to get back to the menu from a DVD... There must be some docs somewhere, but I can't find them; can anyone link me to it please?  :-[

l3mce

• NEEDS to work for LinuxMCE
    • View Profile
Re: Keyboard commands
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2012, 03:42:16 am »
We are a welcoming community. Don't feel "thtupid" because you are lost. We are a massive clock with a bazillion gears.

Drop into IRC, and your questions will be answered more specifically, and quickly.

f6 gives you ff rw skip forward, skip backwards
f7 brings up the main menu
f8 gives you volume up/down   lighting up/down in the given Entertainment Area (EA).

All of those WANT mouse input.

Right/Left arrow will give you skip given you are watching media which has skip (like tv).
MythTV has its own special set of commands, and is designed to not allow mouse... which sucks... but for kb check their wiki.

Those are the majors... again... feel free to drop into irc.freenode.net channel #linuxmce for "How do I..." questions.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2012, 03:43:50 am by l3mce »
I never quit... I just ping out.

JaseP

• Addicted
    • View Profile
    • JaseP's LinuxMCE Wiki User page
Re: Keyboard commands
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2012, 04:26:26 am »
By the way,... I Very highly recommend the Riimote TV remote/compact keyboard/touchpad. They are about $45 US, and include a true learning remote with two device settings on one side, and a (nearly) full keyboard with touchpad on the other... There is not a better device for HTPCs,... especially LinuxMCE. I particularly recommend the RF version over the Bluetooth version for ease of use.
See my User page on the LinuxMCE Wiki for a description of my system configuration (click the little globe under my profile pic).