Author Topic: Ill Catch yer shark...  (Read 12436 times)

buckle

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Ill Catch yer shark...
« Reply #15 on: June 08, 2012, 05:54:19 pm »
he says he prefers.PSD, suggesting he wants to present the submissions (ie no screenshots)

I assumed he preferred PSD so the QML would be easier to create (exported from PS).

golgoj4

• NEEDS to work for LinuxMCE
  • hrumpf!
    • View Profile
    • Mah Website
« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2012, 05:21:27 am »

I assumed he preferred PSD so the QML would be easier to create (exported from PS).

A little from column A and a little from column B :)

_golgoj4
Linuxmce - Where everyone is never wrong, but we are always behind xbmc in the media / ui department.

merkur2k

• Addicted
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 09, 2012, 06:22:44 am »
just because there is only one prize doesnt mean there can only be one winner.
post usable art, for those of us that have little design skills but good coding skills. more than one skin can come out of this.
of course, nobody is going to discourage posting screenshots of work in progress...
personally I think a very good LCARS skin could be made with this. and if someone else doesnt do it i may eventually try. and you dont want that, trust me. you have been warned :)

golgoj4

• hrumpf!
    • View Profile
    • Mah Website
« Reply #18 on: June 13, 2012, 01:33:10 am »
So is anyone interested in this? I think i have all of 1 person who I think is interested...

let me know if im wasting my time... that money could buy a rubix cube and accessories!

golgoj4
Linuxmce - Where everyone is never wrong, but we are always behind xbmc in the media / ui department.

l3mce

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 13, 2012, 01:56:51 am »
I am all in. People are just under the mistaken impression that I have a clue what I am doing... I don't... so please jump in. You will remember I couldn't even come up with a splash screen... and pretty is gonna win here.

So I am going to try for neat. Gauntlet is thrown.
I never quit... I just ping out.

davegravy

• Addicted
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 13, 2012, 05:22:37 am »
I'm actively reaching out to friends and family, and friends and family of friends and family... So far: two interested parties, but I'm still in the process of explaining the requirements and trying to give them a crash course on how the system works.

gadget

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 13, 2012, 01:14:41 pm »
I am actively playing with Qt/ QML to understand it but more from a programming perspective and have created a simple light switch and a slider. Unfortunately though my graphic skills are limited but i do intend to try and create a media remote so will learn along the way.

golgoj4

• hrumpf!
    • View Profile
    • Mah Website
« Reply #22 on: August 11, 2012, 03:20:20 am »
i will just buy myself a tablet since clearly there is no motivation to be found here. and yeah, i know im being harsh but goddamn if the next person that bitches about the UI doesnt get my foot so far up their bum they taste rubber...

handing out free stuff is apparently a pointless endeavor these days. maybe if i had a goddamned turtleneck on...

a very jaded developer

purps

• If it ain't broke, tweak it
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 11, 2012, 03:28:15 am »
What tablet are you looking at it?

Anyone interested in chipping in and buying Langston a play thing?

This is the time for anyone who, for whatever reason, doesn't code, who are actively using the system, and would like to give something back.

Step up, and the cheaper it will be for all of us!

Cheers,
Matt.
1004 RC :: looking good :: upgraded 01/04/2013
my setup :: http://wiki.linuxmce.org/index.php/User:Purps

golgoj4

• hrumpf!
    • View Profile
    • Mah Website
« Reply #24 on: August 11, 2012, 07:40:35 am »
What tablet are you looking at it?

Anyone interested in chipping in and buying Langston a play thing?

This is the time for anyone who, for whatever reason, doesn't code, who are actively using the system, and would like to give something back.

Step up, and the cheaper it will be for all of us!

Cheers,
Matt.

its over and ive moved on. expecting community involvement was a pipe dream. the end. and believe me i can get my own tablet, i was giving one away. was. anyways. please dont ever bother me about a ui related issue. ever. i tried to collaborate. nobody wanted to.

-golgoj4