Author Topic: Ill Catch yer shark...  (Read 12434 times)

golgoj4

• NEEDS to work for LinuxMCE
  • hrumpf!
    • View Profile
    • Mah Website
Ill Catch yer shark...
« on: June 05, 2012, 02:25:53 am »
Hello kids, tis I Langstonius.

Nevermind the silly post topic, im here on serious business.

I am holding a contest. Thats right. I will give away an (model to be decided but it wont suck) Android Tablet to the person who designs a skin for QOrbiter. What is QOrbiter? well, we have youtube videos here if you don't know, but needless to say, its a new user interface.

Now, before you start thinking the tablet is all yours, you should read how this is gonna work.

Skin Requirements - PAY ATTENTION!!
To Qualify for entry into the contest you must provide screen mockups for Onscreen (think md), Phone, tablet and desktop orbiters. No, you don't have to program the darn thing, that's my job (even though its stupid easy). I just want a themed mockup of the screens listed below. You must list and fonts or anything else like that you used and such. I am allotting 60 days for this from today. Hopefully by then, we will have Qorbiter playing video on a raspberry pi...oh, did i say that out loud? ;)

Screens
*Home Screen
*Floorplan screen
*Audio Playing Screen - this will cover multiple actual screens
*Video Playing Screen -this will cover multiple actual screens
*Telephone call screen. Plan to have a video box that can come and go as it pleases.
*Security Video screen
*Security screen
*photos screen
*Media Grid screen
*User Status
*generic button screen (similar to advanced)
*room selector
*user selector
*sleeping menu
*power menu

Acceptable formats for entry include
*PSD - preferred
*PNG/JPEG/GIF (why are you submitting gifs? its 2012...)
*Some other fancy format i don't know about because im not a graphic designer

Who Decides?
The rest of the community will decide on what the best entry is. Good luck

-golgoj4
« Last Edit: June 05, 2012, 06:39:48 am by golgoj4 »
Linuxmce - Where everyone is never wrong, but we are always behind xbmc in the media / ui department.

l3mce

• View Profile
Re: Ill Catch yer shark...
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2012, 03:13:25 am »
.gifs can be animated... and I like to bother people with business.
I never quit... I just ping out.

bongowongo

• wants to work for LinuxMCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2012, 02:16:37 pm »
Maybe change the topic into something that people know what it is about golgoj4.
Only bongowongo's click now.

JaseP

• Addicted
    • View Profile
    • JaseP's LinuxMCE Wiki User page
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2012, 03:23:56 pm »
Oh, Leave the "I'll catch yer shark..." it's funny. Plus I'm a big Jaws fan... saw it first run in the theaters when I was like 7 years old in one of those old fashioned movie theaters you don't see anymore (well you SEE them,... all boarded up or turned into a dentist's office, though).

Just add the fact it's a contest to the end in parentheses or something...
See my User page on the LinuxMCE Wiki for a description of my system configuration (click the little globe under my profile pic).

Techstyle

• Addicted
    • View Profile
    • Techstyle UK Ltd.
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2012, 06:06:09 pm »
We're going to need a bigger boat...

like JaseP I saw it when I was young and am still scared by the black line on the bottom of the pool when I swim over it.

Golgoj4,
I am going to get my wife to look at this from a asthetic point of view.

purps

• If it ain't broke, tweak it
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2012, 07:51:21 pm »
Brilliant idea, Langston. And a very good incentive. I look forward to judging everybody's hard work.

Cheers,
Matt.
1004 RC :: looking good :: upgraded 01/04/2013
my setup :: http://wiki.linuxmce.org/index.php/User:Purps

davegravy

• Addicted
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2012, 08:57:29 pm »
Brilliant idea, Langston. And a very good incentive. I look forward to judging everybody's hard work.

Cheers,
Matt.

Everyone enjoys playing the critic role :P

golgoj4

• hrumpf!
    • View Profile
    • Mah Website
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2012, 02:05:51 am »
True enough about the name, but its going to stay unless im overruled by hwmbo. I truly want some salty sea dog to design me a nice naval themed ui ;)

But seriously, if it don't spark curiosity then Im not sure what will. And im sure if we artificially inflate the post count, people will have no choice but to look!

As far as bongos looking at it, i dont want a bongo themed ui, so im ok with losing that demographic. I forgot one rule. No beating up other contestants, launching worms to destroy their hard drives or contracting 3rd parties to launch worms to destroy their hard drives. no falcon punching other contestants, no slide, shoulder or other form of tackle not listed here also including rugby. No magnets, masters of magnetism, or manipulation of gravitational, magnetic, electrical, or electro-magnetic fields. Time travel will disqualify you. This contest is closed to luddites, calvanists, and amish. No invoking of gods, seven kingdoms or otherwise. Contestants may only sling approx 1oz of mud per day, 2 on saturdays. And of course, no sharks with lasers, mechanical or otherwise.

golgoj4

Linuxmce - Where everyone is never wrong, but we are always behind xbmc in the media / ui department.

kyfalcon

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2012, 04:08:37 pm »
True enough about the name, but its going to stay unless im overruled by hwmbo. I truly want some salty sea dog to design me a nice naval themed ui ;)

But seriously, if it don't spark curiosity then Im not sure what will. And im sure if we artificially inflate the post count, people will have no choice but to look!

As far as bongos looking at it, i dont want a bongo themed ui, so im ok with losing that demographic. I forgot one rule. No beating up other contestants, launching worms to destroy their hard drives or contracting 3rd parties to launch worms to destroy their hard drives. no falcon punching other contestants, no slide, shoulder or other form of tackle not listed here also including rugby. No magnets, masters of magnetism, or manipulation of gravitational, magnetic, electrical, or electro-magnetic fields. Time travel will disqualify you. This contest is closed to luddites, calvanists, and amish. No invoking of gods, seven kingdoms or otherwise. Contestants may only sling approx 1oz of mud per day, 2 on saturdays. And of course, no sharks with lasers, mechanical or otherwise.

golgoj4

So in other words, we can't have any fun! Are you a nun in a habit?  ;D

golgoj4

• hrumpf!
    • View Profile
    • Mah Website
« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2012, 07:43:34 am »
you will note that orbital strikes are fair game.

cant wait for prometheus hehe.

_golgoj4

davegravy

• Addicted
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2012, 03:30:49 pm »
you will note that orbital strikes are fair game.
_golgoj4

Also chemical and biological warfare...

bongowongo

• wants to work for LinuxMCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2012, 06:19:38 pm »
We are all very creative in making jokes.
Draw something!

golgoj4

• hrumpf!
    • View Profile
    • Mah Website
« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2012, 01:46:02 am »
We are all very creative in making jokes.
Draw something!

i cant draw. this is why im holding a contest!!!

DragonK

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2012, 08:18:44 am »
We post screenshots here? And then when you have the winner we just send you the individual graphics? Right?

Karel

davegravy

• Addicted
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 08, 2012, 02:49:10 pm »
We post screenshots here? And then when you have the winner we just send you the individual graphics? Right?

Karel

he says he prefers.PSD, suggesting he wants to present the submissions (ie no screenshots)