Author Topic: qOrbiter gets some Pi  (Read 33784 times)

coley

• Guru
    • View Profile
Re: qOrbiter gets some Pi
« Reply #45 on: July 12, 2012, 10:15:51 pm »
Don't know how regex will get you out of that corner, ">=" should cover anything less than 5.0.0.
Its why the bloody macro is failing is the brain tease.

-Coley.

coley

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 13, 2012, 12:22:48 pm »
make clean and re-run qmake between builds
qt 4.8.1 - for_desktop gcc(x86) qOrbiter compiled successfully.
qt 5.0 - for_desktop gcc(ARM) bcm cross-compiler, qOrbiter compiled successfully.
This done again with older qtcreator, so as I thought IDE agnostic.
stumped as to why its failing for you :(

-Coley.

phenigma

• LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 16, 2012, 03:27:58 am »
Glad to see there's more than me looking at the Pi and lmce.
What dev environment have you set up? is it a scratchbox type setup?
I started cross compiling some of the pluto libs as their code is currently compiled into qOrbiter, and they'll be needed as libs if any DCE devices are to run on the Pi. But I was messing with too many makefiles and parked it. Then you chimed in :)
I was thinking of the media stuff and probably the best route, correct me if I'm wrong, would be to create an omxplayer device for the Pi as that is specifically built for the Pi and can  make use of the h/w acceleration.

Wheezy seems to be a bit faster according to some reports and also there is a hardfp image of wheezy out there.

-Coley.

Sorry, took off to the cottage after that post.  No internet there.

I setup a scratchbox environment and a 1004 build enironment.  I added configuration files for an armel squeeze build and altered MakeRelease to use the scratchbox environment.  I altered the build database so debian squeeze was used and updated package names in the database that were different/redundant/not required under debian.  Then I altered many makefiles to permit the use of the armel build libraries through a variable, and added the library directories to the variable in the existing build scripts (buildmaindebs) and began building the system.  Then I set about installing the packages for an MD and doing some manual configuration to get the system to boot.  So I am essentially using the standard old build system with scratchbox, database data for squeeze and configs for debian squeeze armel.

I will likely rebuild for wheezy hardfp (probably raspian).  I wasn't aware of omxplayer, sounds like a great way to go.  We can continue this discussion in another thread if you wish, little OT for this one.

J.

tschak909

• LinuxMCE God
  • DOES work for LinuxMCE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 16, 2012, 04:45:37 am »
Whomever is ready to write an omxplayer device, let me know, and I will be available to provide a chalk talk in IRC.

-Thom

coley

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 16, 2012, 12:17:32 pm »
Whomever is ready to write an omxplayer device, let me know, and I will be available to provide a chalk talk in IRC.

-Thom
Thanks Thom, would be interested, my TZ is UTC+1hr if you are trying to line up more than me to listen.
-Coley.

coley

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 18, 2012, 01:49:43 pm »
We can continue this discussion in another thread if you wish, little OT for this one.
J.
and new topic started here - http://forum.linuxmce.org/index.php/topic,12689.0.html

coley

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 28, 2012, 01:39:42 pm »
Going to try and get the latest qOrbiter compiled for Raspbian on Pi, will be interesting to see golgoj4's media player additions :)

-Coley.

phenigma

• LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 28, 2012, 06:11:03 pm »
Awesome!  Let me know when you have the build figured out, I would love to *actually* try qOrbiter on my pi...  Oh and we can more or less transfer the build process to the builder then as well.

J.

coley

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 05, 2012, 12:11:57 pm »
Ok - back to this ...
Got Qt5 compiled and installed to the latest Raspbain (sept) image.
Now to get back to qOrbiter with my freshly baked qmake.

My build of Qt5 kept failing - gcc was running out of mem on my 12.04VM. Switched to my core and tried from there and success :)

-Coley.

coley

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 10, 2012, 02:21:04 pm »
ok qOrbiter rebuilt
... some header file changes since my last attempt
... some function deprecation going on too

the qt50-snapshot available for the raspbian image via apt-get is out of sync with current qt5 master :( just as well I have that to install :)

hopefully will be back with a bit more once I get it running on Rpi.

-Coley.

phenigma

• LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 17, 2012, 03:54:09 am »
Very nice.  http://www.raspberrypi.org/archives/2180 <- new version of the model B shipping with 512mb ram by default now.  Should make running things a little snappier.

J.

coley

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 20, 2012, 02:00:43 am »
Very nice.  http://www.raspberrypi.org/archives/2180 <- new version of the model B shipping with 512mb ram by default now.  Should make running things a little snappier.

J.
Yep saw that, its good news for no extra cost.
Guess I'll have to get a third Pi now to test the extra mem ;)

-Coley.

phenigma

• LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 20, 2012, 03:02:04 am »
Guess I'll have to get a third Pi now to test the extra mem ;)

You and me both.

J.

golgoj4

• NEEDS to work for LinuxMCE
  • hrumpf!
    • View Profile
    • Mah Website
« Reply #58 on: October 21, 2012, 01:14:33 pm »
So some good news. Got my cross compile env setup working!

The bad news. Apparently, the QAbstractListmodel base class has been modified heavily. To the point of internal functions being re-names or removed. so thats gonna put the brakes on my development speed as I need to refactor a lot of classes.

but its a start!

-Golgoj4
Linuxmce - Where everyone is never wrong, but we are always behind xbmc in the media / ui department.

coley

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 21, 2012, 02:19:01 pm »
So some good news. Got my cross compile env setup working!

The bad news. Apparently, the QAbstractListmodel base class has been modified heavily. To the point of internal functions being re-names or removed. so thats gonna put the brakes on my development speed as I need to refactor a lot of classes.

but its a start!

-Golgoj4
I haven't been back to svn with some of my changes as I couldn't test them, but this change is needed for the clear() functions in all the ListModels.
Code: [Select]
#ifdef (QT5)  //reset() is gone for Qt5
  this->beginResetModel();
  m_list.clear();
  this->endResetModel();
#else
  m_list.clear();
  this->reset();
#endif

-Coley.