Author Topic: qOrbiter gets some Pi  (Read 33643 times)

locutus

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: qOrbiter gets some Pi
« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2012, 08:25:31 pm »
okay im following along, more like muddling along, lol. Just some observations, the line in the wiki that says: "just edit /etc/sysconfic/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth0 and set the ONBOOT option equal to YES and be done with it" needs to say sysconfig instead of sysconfic. I would change it myself but the wiki is not letting me right now.

I had been trying to use my core to cross compile but I believe that it is not possible because of needed libraries that cant be installed on 10.04 because of conflicts. So, I am now setting up a 12.04 VM to try to compile qorbiter.

coley

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2012, 11:24:15 pm »
thx for spotting that typo - fixed.

If you are using your core to cross compile it will be fine as long as you don't have another Qt dev environment set up. If you just want to have some Pi then this is fine. If you are trying to compile qOrbiter for other platforms then they won't co-exist. At least not yet, it is their plan to allow it in future.

-Coley.

coley

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 12, 2012, 01:28:08 pm »
locutus - did you get an env set up yet? I saw on another thread you are expecting your own raspberry Pi soon, did you receive it yet?

Meanwhile I've been trying to get qOrbiter running on a more up to date image. I can go with a debian squeeze or wheezy image on the Pi and get them up and running. But the qOrbiter I build with the cross compiler supplied via QtonPi wiki doesn't run on the image - complaints about size differences in objects. I can apt-get update my qt50-snapshot, wheezy is newer than squeeze, so either should have the mouse support I am looking for.
I've installed a second cross compiler - the linaro toolchain seems to be recommended - that is operational via Qtcreator.
I don't have a cross qt5 sysroot set up yet to match the qt50-snapshot on the image. I have't been able to find a pre-rolled one on the interwebs so am in the process of building a suitable qt5 sysroot from git.

Grr.. some isp issue is preventing me ssh'ing into my setup atm, may have to do some work  :P

-Coley.

locutus

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 12, 2012, 02:19:27 pm »
I did in fact receive it, played quake on it Monday :)
yesterday I moved everything into place for my environment but now is sleep time so later I'll see if qOrbiter will build for me.

coley

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 19, 2012, 01:12:06 pm »
Right! after a fight ...
 - qt5 cross-compiled for debian wheezy distro from git
 - rPi sys-root from git
 - qOrbiter compiled against freshly baked qt5 and sys-root
 - rPi running debian wheezy
 - More edits to change header files as Qt changed a lot between qt4.x and qt5.0 with their modularisation.

No symbol size mismatches :)

Will report later on how this operates as I'm ssh'd into dev box and rPi so cannot actually test.

-Coley.

coley

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 20, 2012, 11:19:53 am »
A quick update:-
 - mouse support on latest Qt snap :)
 - home screen operates as expected, scenario rows populated as expected.
 - Lighting, I have one zwave switch - light on, light off as expected
 - User selection operates
 - Room selection operates and scenarios re-populate
 - Security, link to camera switches screen but AFAIK this screen isn't complete yet.
And the not so good news
 - Tried media selection - screen won't switch, I get an error trying to switch out of the QML engine thread, specifically:
Code: [Select]
QQmlEngine: Illegal attempt to connect to ListModel(0x14231e8) that is in a different thread than the QML engine
More digging required ...
-Coley.

Marie.O

• Administrator
  • LinuxMCE God
  • Wastes Life On LinuxMCE Since 2007
    • View Profile
    • My Home
« Reply #21 on: June 20, 2012, 12:38:40 pm »
I see progress :D - I am so glad you are doing this... and my pi isn't here yet ;)

coley

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 21, 2012, 11:41:02 am »
Thanks possy - hopefully I'll get there :)

A bit more progress - Screensaver doesn't segfault any more, but the pics don't display. Effects get loaded and all that side is ok but I'm getting an OpenGL error:
Code: [Select]
QOpenGLFramebufferObject: Framebuffer incomplete attachment.Haven't figured out yet who/what is emitting the error but it results in no pics appearing, backdrop of qOrbiter has changed from blank to black.
Must fire up my qt4.x qOrbiter on my core and do a like for like comparison.
 - Floorplan screens switch in and out - don't know of their functionality
 - security pad screen loads - again haven't tried out functionality.

golgoj4 - is your Readme in qOrbiter up to date in terms of what I should expect to work?

-Coley.

coley

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 22, 2012, 01:41:49 pm »
Just a quick video taken this morning before work.
http://youtu.be/BewGFJJXZ2A qOrbiter loading to home screen complete with gaussian blurring logo in the background.

Had to move the CPU/GPU memory split to half'n'half to get the screen saver operational.

Now to find out why threading ain't working ...

-Coley.

coley

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 26, 2012, 12:32:43 pm »
Ok the threading thing seems to be an issue with the new QML engine - will need to find a work around for this.
I've been trying to get my chopped-up code into a reasonable state for svn checkin - to achieve this I have set-up side by side Qt4.8.1 and Qt5.0 for linux plus Qt5.0 cross for Raspberry Pi so I can select any target easily.

There are a boatload of trac# associated with this according to the README - will I create a new one for Qt4.xx -> Qt5.0 port? rather than being specific to the RPi?

-Coley.

Marie.O

• Administrator
  • LinuxMCE God
  • Wastes Life On LinuxMCE Since 2007
    • View Profile
    • My Home
« Reply #25 on: June 26, 2012, 09:03:27 pm »
Coley,

whatever suits you best. I personally would probably create two tickets. 4.8->5.0 and one for rPi. But I am hopelessly anal about these kind of things.

locutus

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 28, 2012, 01:44:50 pm »
just bought a house so my pi is packed up for now, I was playing with some cool stuff (not qOrbiter) before I packed it up and I hope to make a vid as soon as im unpacked, I have no idea when though.
Also, since i bought a house I now have no money lol so sorry golgoj4 but your pi cant come from me.

coley

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 28, 2012, 01:50:42 pm »
Coley,

whatever suits you best. I personally would probably create two tickets. 4.8->5.0 and one for rPi. But I am hopelessly anal about these kind of things.
:D #1497 created to handle Qt version transition, will try to keep it rPi agnostic.
-Coley.

coley

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 03, 2012, 05:56:24 pm »
golgoj4 do your .pro file changes work for you switching between Qt targets?
what steps do you run?
I cannot get it to successfully compile when I rely on the .pro file to switch.
Do you need to do a make clean and re-run qmake after a switch?

thanks,
-Coley.

golgoj4

• NEEDS to work for LinuxMCE
  • hrumpf!
    • View Profile
    • Mah Website
« Reply #29 on: July 06, 2012, 02:43:19 pm »
golgoj4 do your .pro file changes work for you switching between Qt targets?
what steps do you run?
I cannot get it to successfully compile when I rely on the .pro file to switch.
Do you need to do a make clean and re-run qmake after a switch?

thanks,
-Coley.

Yeah I do need to do a make clean in between. i also use different build output dirs.

-langston
Linuxmce - Where everyone is never wrong, but we are always behind xbmc in the media / ui department.