Archive > MythTV Plugin Users

Starting help for rusty Mythtv user ...

<< < (2/3) > >>

archived:
I think there are 3 issues:

1. Why are you using video4 ?
2. the cannot connect to router are generated because you don't have the DCERouter program started or it takes a veeery long time to start ?
  This also can happend if you configured the mythtv database access from the mythtv-setup. if so then please remove the /.mythtv/ folder.

3. the config in the mythtv databsae is changed so that the communication between the frontend and the backed is thru one of our programs (MythTV_Backedn_Proxy) we need this so that pluto can know what channel a certain frontend is tuned to.

archived:
Hi,

I have further info. There seems to be problem with logging to mythtv database and this problem blocks whole pluto system on booting (DCERouter busy messages to all devices)...

Aaron helped me and just removed mythtv plugin with

mv MythTV_PlugIn.so MythTV_PlugIn.so.bak

so pluto now starts fine but without mythtv...

Problems began when I fixed problem with loading ivtv, so from then ivtv is loading properly and mythtv plugin gets activated...

I suspect that parts of mythtv subsystem could be setup right, so don't now why this happens...

Anyone with similar experience ?  Anyone with fully working mythtv-pluto setup ?

Thanks in advance,

regards,

Rob.

archived:
Sorry, forgot log output:

--- Code: ---2005-04-27 18:32:47.620 Unable to connect to database!
2005-04-27 18:32:47.620 Driver error was [1/1045]:
QMYSQL3: Unable to connect
Database error was:
Access denied for user: 'mythtv@dcerouter' (Using password: YES)

couldn't open db
Would you like to configure the database connection now? [yes]  13      04/27/05 18:33:12.575           TCPIP: Accepting incoming connection on socket 75, po
rt 3450, from IP 127.0.0.1. <-1253016656>
start const 0x8c501d8
stop const 0x8c501d8
--- End code ---

Regards,

Rob.

archived:

--- Quote from: "mihai.t" ---I think there are 3 issues:

1. Why are you using video4 ?
2. the cannot connect to router are generated because you don't have the DCERouter program started or it takes a veeery long time to start ?
  This also can happend if you configured the mythtv database access from the mythtv-setup. if so then please remove the /.mythtv/ folder.

3. the config in the mythtv databsae is changed so that the communication between the frontend and the backed is thru one of our programs (MythTV_Backedn_Proxy) we need this so that pluto can know what channel a certain frontend is tuned to.
--- End quote ---

1. Cause other devices are already taken with video capture card...
2. With Aaron help we spotted problem. Mythtv was blocking whole boot process cause couldn't connect to database...

3. What should I do on my installation to get this settings right ?

Thanks in advance,

regards,

Rob.

archived:
Hi,

The settings are usually correct from the installation. MythTV installation will create the proper config file in /etc/mythtv/mysql.txt file. If you change/put other settings in the mythtv-setup software this will generate a /.mythtv or a ~root/.mythtv folder with a mysql.txt file in it (usually the settings are wrong in there becase the default pass is generated randomly).

To fix you settings you need to remove both of the /.mythv/mysql.txt file and ~root/.mythtv/mysql.txt files and restart DCERouter.

Sincerely,
   ToMiC

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Sitemap 
Go to full version