Author Topic: Ezmotion - Motion Detection  (Read 3300 times)

murcel

• Guru
    • View Profile
Ezmotion - Motion Detection
« on: May 13, 2012, 09:45:34 pm »
Maybe i am too studpid or have an understanding problem.
These are my first steps in setting up z-wave. i do not know the products neither the technolgie. its only a rudimental understanding.

i set up the device like it is described in the wiki.
Everything seem to work nice. In the floorplan i can see some temperatur.

then i setup a respnse to events:

A sensor (door/window/motion/etc.) is tripped
choose the sensor, action, light a zwave dimmer.

this is working as long as the led on the ezmotion is blinking (means for the first time)
After that the light stays on.
The led of the EZMotion will go dark after a certain time and will not get out of standbye anymore.
I have to press the blue pin.

So my question: (i know the thing about the motion and the minutes)

Does a motion sensor makes sense if it goes to standbye?
shouldn't it report every motion (which is outside of the ezmotion defined time of motion length)?

So is this a normal behaviour, or did i missconfigured it?

BR

sambuca

• Guru
    • View Profile
Re: Ezmotion - Motion Detection
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2012, 09:58:44 am »
I can't say 100% what your actual problem is based on what you write, so I'll describe my setup:
When the EZMotion first detects motion, its led lights up and an event is emitted, the led goes dark again almost immediately after. Now the detector is active, and is not sending any more motion detected events. When no motion is detected for a specified amount of time, the detector send a new motion event, with a value of 0 (iirc). When the motion detector again detects motion at this point, the led blinks again and a new event is emitted.

The motion sensor always detects motion, but it also has a brightness sensor that allows you to set a certain light level where it triggers an event. So if it is very bright, no event is emitted. This is configurable.

br,
sambuca

murcel

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2012, 01:42:33 pm »
Hey sambuca,

if i understand you right, first time motion is detected (that is working), it fires an event (working), than after a predefined time (in the ezmotion), the motion goes back to 0. Then e.g. if i make a motion 10 minutes later (if that is over the predefined motion length) it should fire again and report 1 to lmce, right?

My problem seems to be that the ezmotion is going into a kind of dep stand bye. it won't fire a second time, not after 1 or 10 or 100 minutes. Only pressing the blue button is helping me to get it up again.

That is not a normal behaviour, is it?

murcel

I can't say 100% what your actual problem is based on what you write, so I'll describe my setup:
When the EZMotion first detects motion, its led lights up and an event is emitted, the led goes dark again almost immediately after. Now the detector is active, and is not sending any more motion detected events. When no motion is detected for a specified amount of time, the detector send a new motion event, with a value of 0 (iirc). When the motion detector again detects motion at this point, the led blinks again and a new event is emitted.

The motion sensor always detects motion, but it also has a brightness sensor that allows you to set a certain light level where it triggers an event. So if it is very bright, no event is emitted. This is configurable.

br,
sambuca

davegravy

• Addicted
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2012, 03:00:12 pm »
FWIW, I'm interested in this too as I am experiencing something similar, but haven't had a chance to play with it fully.

keithholleran

• Making baby steps
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2012, 03:11:59 pm »
any recent developments on this?