Author Topic: a few Dianemo issues  (Read 4862 times)

gtsupport

• Veteran
    • View Profile
a few Dianemo issues
« on: May 16, 2012, 11:24:49 am »
I've decided to give Dianemo S a go because it wasn't possible to get linuxmce to give me audio via HDMI.  I'm not going to go into that issue again, but I do have a few questions about setting up devices within Dianemo due to the lack of UPNP.  I've decided to put them in a post here in case anybody else needs the info at a later date.

Basically I'd like to configure my Dianemo system to add the following hardware/functions:-

Hauppauge HD-PVR.  Works great in Linuxmce using template 2041, but thats not found in Dianemo.  How to add it?

I have a USB webcam that I was using as a security camera.  I tried adding it as a child of motion as with linuxmce but I'm sure the core is not seeing it now because the green led doesn't come on when plugged in with Dianemo, and it did previously.

My sky digibox was previously being captured with the HD-PVR so I'd like this function back, but also I have a Dusky controller that never worked with linuxmce, and I've heard good things about it with Dianemo.  How to get this up and running?  Also will it interface with MythTV?

My Z-wave stick is not communicating either, I've been through the wiki and everything it said to happen has/did, but it still fails to start up when Dianemo starts and I get the message about reduced functionality.  I believe it may be due to the fact that it doesn't know which port its connected to, but how do I figure this out?  I have 8 USB ports on my core/nervecentre they all have something plugged in to them so how do I know which is the Z-wave stick (Aeon labs).

I've been through the wiki several times and have had success with things like usb-uirt, Y-cam IP camera etc so I'm pretty happy that things are going to work, its just hard work with the upnp not doing it automatically for me  :P

I'm happy to update the wiki when I have all my devices working, so please post any helpful info here and I'll get right onto it.

Many thanks.

Matt.
LinuxMCE - If it was easy, everybody would be doing it!!

Marie.O

• Administrator
  • LinuxMCE God
  • Wastes Life On LinuxMCE Since 2007
    • View Profile
    • My Home
Re: a few Dianemo issues
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2012, 11:33:48 am »
Can't be of real help here, but in the future, create specific post for specific issues. That way, it is easier to respond to each.

murcel

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2012, 02:13:16 pm »
My Z-wave stick is not communicating either, I've been through the wiki and everything it said to happen has/did, but it still fails to start up when Dianemo starts and I get the message about reduced functionality.  I believe it may be due to the fact that it doesn't know which port its connected to, but how do I figure this out?  I have 8 USB ports on my core/nervecentre they all have something plugged in to them so how do I know which is the Z-wave stick (Aeon labs).

i had the same issue with the zwave stick and even with a hauppauge usb adapter.
I relaized the the port wasn't assigned at all. So i choosen a free one. after that the message about functionality was gone and it was working.
(even the usb stick is physically plugin - the usb port in the drop down box - was unoccupied)

totallymaxed

• LinuxMCE God
  • Smart Home Consulting
    • View Profile
    • Dianemo - at home with technology
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2012, 01:12:18 am »
Hauppauge HD-PVR.  Works great in Linuxmce using template 2041, but thats not found in Dianemo.  How to add it?

I have a USB webcam that I was using as a security camera.  I tried adding it as a child of motion as with linuxmce but I'm sure the core is not seeing it now because the green led doesn't come on when plugged in with Dianemo, and it did previously.

My sky digibox was previously being captured with the HD-PVR so I'd like this function back, but also I have a Dusky controller that never worked with linuxmce, and I've heard good things about it with Dianemo.  How to get this up and running?  Also will it interface with MythTV?

You can use mythtv-setup from the console to configure your HD-PVR capture card;

sudo mythtv-setup

Sounds like your usb Webcam is not getting detected properly maybe the right driver is not loaded - are you using 10.10 or 11.10? What make/model of usb camera is it? Will it work from the desktop?

We have device templates for the dusky to enable control of any model of Sky box and we also support the capture and display of the EPG data from the Sky box's rs232 port (so an orbiter set to the room that a Sky box is in will display the current program guide info from the Sky box in real time). I'll add a wiki entry for configuring both of those asap. We don't support controlling Sky via MythTV however only directly from the Orbiter... if you want to do that then you will need to configure the Sky control from inside Myth.

All the best

Andrew

ps as posde recommends its best to post a specific question rather than a single post with several questions... its just so much easier to respond if you adhere to posting that way.
Andy Herron,
CHT Ltd

For Dianemo/LinuxMCE consulting advice;
@herron on Twitter, totallymaxed+inquiries@gmail.com via email or PM me here.

Get Dianemo-Rpi2 ARM Licenses http://forum.linuxmce.org/index.php?topic=14026.0

Get RaspSqueeze-CEC or Raspbmc-CEC for Dianemo/LinuxMCE: http://wp.me/P4KgIc-5P

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Dianemo-Home-Automation/226019387454465

http://www.dianemo.co.uk

gtsupport

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2012, 03:29:48 pm »
Thanks,

Separate posts now created.

Matt.

gtsupport

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Dusky controller with Dianemo S
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2013, 09:44:47 pm »
@ Totallymaxed

Hi Andrew, is there any information on using the Dusky controller in Dianemo S? I've switched my rig back on after many months of not using it and am keen to integrate it all fully. I was looking through the wiki but can't find any information on how to integrate this. I had some success previously using it in MythTV, but you mentioned previously that it can be setup directly in Dianemo.

Thanks.
Matt.