Author Topic: HOW-TO: HDMI sound on a Jetway Mini-top (ION 2)  (Read 12032 times)

Murdock

• Guru
    • View Profile
Re: HOW-TO: HDMI sound on a Jetway Mini-top (ION 2)
« Reply #15 on: May 07, 2012, 01:35:19 pm »
Hah, noodled? Ill drop by today.

l3mce

• NEEDS to work for LinuxMCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 09, 2012, 04:15:35 pm »
btw, want to say big ups to m3freak for the workup on this.

Here is what I am going to do... I am going to automate the process and make it available in web-admin... so you can just select an upgraded alsa version if your hardware requires it, keeping the rest of the world on our rock solid version.

My only fear is the people who think that they HAVE to have the newest bluest, and break something trying to get it, simply because it is there. I will try and adequately warn users not to select it if they don't need it.
I never quit... I just ping out.

l3mce

• NEEDS to work for LinuxMCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 10, 2012, 11:57:10 pm »
so...

Either I need to put together a matrix to hard map some of the configurations to specific hardware, or I need to work out a way to test/detect it automatically.

However, for the lazy at heart... I did find this which should make your lives a little easier.
https://launchpad.net/~team-iquik/+archive/alsa

sudo add-apt-repository ppa:team-iquik/alsa

Then we dont need to download source and compile it ourselves.
I never quit... I just ping out.

bushtech

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 11, 2012, 06:59:54 am »
Thanks L3.Definitely going to have a look at this. So I guess that makes me lazy at heart ;D
Core:Asus P8H77-V, Intel core i3-3240 LGA155, Inno 3D Nvidia 240 GT (DVI+VGA+HDMI), 4Gb ram, 125Gb SSD
MD: Zotax Zbox ID41

m3freak

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 11, 2012, 09:21:20 pm »
btw, want to say big ups to m3freak for the workup on this.

Don't mention it.  I'm glad I got my problem resolved, but if it helps you out with LinuxMCE overall, it's a bonus! :)

BTW, I've noticed lately I'm having problems getting some MKVs to play that played before without any issue.  I don't remember the exact error - I'll have to recreate it.  I'll start a new thread for this new problem.

Here is what I am going to do... I am going to automate the process and make it available in web-admin... so you can just select an upgraded alsa version if your hardware requires it, keeping the rest of the world on our rock solid version.

My only fear is the people who think that they HAVE to have the newest bluest, and break something trying to get it, simply because it is there. I will try and adequately warn users not to select it if they don't need it.

This sounds yummy.  Can't wait to see it.