Author Topic: Flirc with LMCE  (Read 2510 times)

ZaPHoN

• View Profile
Flirc with LMCE
« on: May 04, 2012, 05:13:35 am »
Has anyone tried the Flirc IR adaptor with LMCE yet? It seems to be platform independent and can learn remote commands. This would be a nice and easy way to control several components such as receiver and TV with a hybrid build.

flirc dot tv

"Flirc is different from other I.R. adapters."

"Conventionally, I.R. adapters require the computer to understand the I.R. commands, which is what LIRC is for. However, methods like LIRC require extensive knowledge should your remote control not be supported, which can be more frequently than expected, LIRC is not meant for the novice. That's where flirc steps in. Flirc is detected as a USB keyboard, eliminating the need for XBMC special drivers. Any media center application that supports a keyboard as an input device, supports flirc out of the box. "
« Last Edit: May 04, 2012, 05:15:11 am by ZaPHoN »

tschak909

• LinuxMCE God
  • DOES work for LinuxMCE.
    • View Profile
Re: Flirc with LMCE
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2012, 06:39:11 am »
See my other posts about creating a DCE device. If there is a published protocol, and a way to talk to the device via a shared library or some other method, then a C++ device can be made to let LinuxMCE devices talk to it. Again, read Developing a DCE device in the wiki.

-thom