Author Topic: Channel problems (was: A note about the work I have been doing.)  (Read 3144 times)

golgoj4

• NEEDS to work for LinuxMCE
  • hrumpf!
    • View Profile
    • Mah Website
Agreed ... outstanding work!

Using 10.04 fairly stable, but for instability stemming from having to re-map cable channels manually (NOT LinuxMCE's fault, blame to Cable Co. there). Once I finish that, I will be setting up the media directors and tackling Hulu plugins, telephony, tweaking, etc. All-in-all a terrific piece of work!

Did they change the actual lineup vs what you pull down with schedules direct?

-golgoj4
Linuxmce - Where everyone is never wrong, but we are always behind xbmc in the media / ui department.

JaseP

• Addicted
    • View Profile
    • JaseP's LinuxMCE Wiki User page
Channel problems (was: A note about the work I have been doing.)
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2012, 06:04:52 pm »

Did they change the actual lineup vs what you pull down with schedules direct?

-golgoj4

The Schedules Direct thing isn't the issue. The problem is that the Cable Co. doesn't publish the digital frequencies. So, MythTV scans and finds channels, but has no idea how to match it against the channels it finds... So, I end up with the wrong channels mapped in what is supposed to be the right places. I then have mannualy correct them, and there are something like 120 channels...
See my User page on the LinuxMCE Wiki for a description of my system configuration (click the little globe under my profile pic).