Author Topic: 1004: The time has come.  (Read 124395 times)

ladekribs

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: 1004: The time has come.
« Reply #150 on: June 13, 2012, 12:43:33 pm »
Hi,

Question, I get "hum" over HDMI sometimes after stopping music or video, feels like a software problem.

anyone else have the same experience?

BR Stefan

JaseP

• Addicted
    • View Profile
    • JaseP's LinuxMCE Wiki User page
« Reply #151 on: June 13, 2012, 03:38:22 pm »
Hum's not software (almost never is),... what you are likely getting is the kind of ground loop effect that they were describing, but perhaps due to the way the manufacturer of your PC configured the sound system,... So very possibly, it's internal to your PC,... But process of elimination, try changing what power source (what outlet/breaker the machine is on versus to speakers/AMP/TV) the things are pulling from,... ya know,... moving them all to the same, or making them all different, etc.
See my User page on the LinuxMCE Wiki for a description of my system configuration (click the little globe under my profile pic).

l3mce

• NEEDS to work for LinuxMCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: June 13, 2012, 04:35:02 pm »
Off topic, and you will probably get MORE attention in its own thread anyway.

But JaseP is right.
I never quit... I just ping out.

Sigg3.net

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: June 16, 2012, 02:14:12 pm »
If anyone has a capture card in their core, which is headless, I would be very curious if you were able to setup mythtv. I would expect that to be a problem

I have a TechniSat CableStar HD2 (DVB-C) so I'm not sure whether I would want to use VDR or MythTV, but I will be running the latest snapshot soon. Headlessly, as KVM on an openSUSE system. I wouldn't mind running any tests.

jamo

• Guru
    • View Profile
    • LMCE user Page
« Reply #154 on: June 18, 2012, 10:13:58 am »
I also just had a problem with the USB-gamepad install. I recently updated my system and reran DisklessCreate_TBZ.sh and then re-installed all my media directors. My Compaq HP6710b notebook got into a USB-gamepad device install loop where it just kept adding the device and incremmenting the device number. Sarah in the background asking if I can see and hear her while in the top-left I keep getting "detected gamepad device number 3283", "downloading software...", "detected gamepad device number 3284", "downloading software...", etc etc until I manually powered off the MD. I had to then go into web admin, delete gamepad device (there was only one) in device tree and then remove the reference on the media director wizard to the gamepad as remote. Then, before booting the MD again, I did the fix mentioned below in the detect gamepad script on the /usr/pluto/diskless/xxx/usr/pluto/bin script.

Then booted up the media director again and all worked swimmingly.

As mentioned by Karel, the gamepad detect script is clearly returning false positives in some instances. Should I open a trac ticket for this?

Incidentally, if it is installed, it also plays havoc with trying to use a wiimote.

Something is triggering the gamepad install script.
In my case it was my logitech universal receiver.

Got this from another thread...
http://forum.linuxmce.org/index.php/topic,12297.0.html

Karel

tschak909

• LinuxMCE God
  • DOES work for LinuxMCE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: June 19, 2012, 02:06:39 am »
The USB Game Pad driver needs work for certain cases. I would love for somebody to take a look at the code, to see what they can fix, given their unique installs.

-Thom

jamo

• Guru
    • View Profile
    • LMCE user Page
« Reply #156 on: June 19, 2012, 08:49:11 am »
The USB Game Pad driver needs work for certain cases. I would love for somebody to take a look at the code, to see what they can fix, given their unique installs.

-Thom

I'll try and have a look at the detection side.... since DragonK and I have both had issues and we both use wiimotes I think it's likely that is where the confusion is being introduced. I'll open a trac ticket for it.

Edit: Oh, I see you have a trac ticket already for the gamepade device http://svn.linuxmce.org/trac.cgi/ticket/1228
I'm thinking the issues are in the AVWizard_Gamepad_Detect.sh and AVWizard_Remote_Detect.sh that are picking up stuff from the wiimote install. If I find anything I'll chat directly to you and/or put a comment on the ticket.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2012, 09:22:48 am by jamo »

tschak909

• LinuxMCE God
  • DOES work for LinuxMCE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: June 19, 2012, 05:36:59 pm »
You should also look at the source code for the gamepad device, as well:

http://svn.linuxmce.org/trac.cgi/browser/branches/LinuxMCE-1004/src/USB_Game_Pad/USB_Game_Pad.cpp

-Thom

jamo

• Guru
    • View Profile
    • LMCE user Page
« Reply #158 on: June 23, 2012, 08:56:44 pm »
Carrying on the gamepad discussion in the following thread.

http://forum.linuxmce.org/index.php/topic,12645.0.html

Have gone around in circles a few times but I think I'm getting there.... at least detecting the problem. Fixing is another issue ;-)

Dap-P

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: June 26, 2012, 12:41:53 am »
I tried snap LMCE-1004-20120623013626110.iso
But it didn't boot, not from USB and not from DVD

It could not find the boot image

Now i am installing 1 snap earlier, and this one does boot.
LMCE-1004-20120621232326106.iso
« Last Edit: June 26, 2012, 10:44:18 pm by Dap-P »

l3mce

• View Profile
« Reply #160 on: June 27, 2012, 12:01:01 am »
Did you check the md5sum of the image?

There are some good changes on the newer snaps, that handle directory ownership correctly, fixing things like floorplans.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2012, 03:58:18 am by l3mce »

Viking

• Addicted
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: July 09, 2012, 12:02:01 pm »
Hi,

tried the LMCE-1004-20120623013626110 - here it booted.

It is probably a bad idea to change the names of the rooms while in the setup wizard , at least it crashed here and started over. That means that MythTV was not installed and maybe other things are not OK.

What I did. Keyboard language danish, selected two rooms "linving room" and "garage". Tried to rename garage to "Work room", pressed shift W on the screen keyboard and the "ork" fast on the keyboard. Then I only had a small video on the screen and after some time the wizard started all over, but remembering my choises.
Another thing, while entering the letters with the on-screen keyboard offen i did get letters from another row on the keyboard. Meaning instaed of "k" i woul get an "i" and so on.

Later I discovered that MythTV was not installed.

Regards
Viking

l3mce

• View Profile
« Reply #162 on: July 09, 2012, 08:00:36 pm »
That is not at all normal. Changing names should not do any of this, and has not when I rename. The only thing that has ever crashed the wizard for me was zwave a while back, but that was resolved a long time ago.

The Danish keyboard is the only thing that seems different. I will see if someone can try and reproduce this error... otherwise it was a fluke/related to some other hardware being discovered and locking once a room was created.

This is why Sarah says "Don't start plugging in your devices just yet" for the record. Can you tell me what else was attached once you created rooms? I lean towards that as an answer.

jamo

• Guru
    • View Profile
    • LMCE user Page
« Reply #163 on: July 10, 2012, 08:38:02 am »
This is not going to be particularly helpful because I can't remember the exact circumstances (can't even remember if it was 8.10 or 10.04 although it was certainly this year, probably a few months ago) but I have had the same experience once- the room naming restarting in the middle exactly as described. The only thing that might be helpful is to say that I definitely didn't have a Danish keyboard. As suggested by l3... quite possibly some hardware quirk triggering something else.

Sorry I can't remember more details but I just wanted to mention that it has happened before to me. Again, it didn't seem to cause any trouble apart from the inconvenience.

Viking

• Addicted
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: July 10, 2012, 10:51:16 am »
That is not at all normal. Changing names should not do any of this, and has not when I rename. The only thing that has ever crashed the wizard for me was zwave a while back, but that was resolved a long time ago.

The Danish keyboard is the only thing that seems different. I will see if someone can try and reproduce this error... otherwise it was a fluke/related to some other hardware being discovered and locking once a room was created.

This is why Sarah says "Don't start plugging in your devices just yet" for the record. Can you tell me what else was attached once you created rooms? I lean towards that as an answer.

Hi,

this is on my test system, where there is only an DVB-s av7110 card in it besides the normal Nvidia card and two gigabit network cards.

No remote control or anything else.

Regards Viking