Author Topic: Asterisk + TDM800p + 8.10 configuration  (Read 3345 times)

essem_9

• Regular Poster
  • Fascinated by LMCE
    • View Profile
Asterisk + TDM800p + 8.10 configuration
« on: April 13, 2012, 02:48:36 am »
Hello Everyone,
I have a TDM800p card from Digium. It has 4 FXO and 4 FXS ports on it. I have installed the card in my 8.10 core. Per the vendor documentation i need to give it additional power from the PC if using FXS. Currently i am not using FXS and hence i have not given it any power.

The card shows up on the FreePBX GUI. I have set the dialplans etc based on some Internet search. Rebooted my core as well. Whenever i try making calls from the core, depending on the dialplan, i get "All circuits are busy" or "Call cannot be completed". The phone line is directly connected to port 8 of my TDM card. Per the card manual all FXO ports are port numbers 5-8 in my case. I have verified the line works with an analog phone.

Has anyone used or installed this card before? Any thoughts or pointers will be appreciated. Thanks!

essem_9

• Regular Poster
  • Fascinated by LMCE
    • View Profile
Re: Asterisk + TDM800p + 8.10 configuration + WorkAround for now
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2012, 02:40:45 am »
I did try to debug this further but finally gave up for the following reasons:
1. Planning to move to 10.04. Hence will use my spare cycles testing this card on the new version
2. Have a temporary workaround

Workaround:
My current Asterisk system is a Virtual Machine running 1.8.6.0. It is tied to google voice and I can make outgoing calls. Did some research online on how to tie two PBX's together. It was very easy to connect my 1.8.6 Asterisk to LMCE 8.10 asterisk (http://www.cadvision.com/blanchas/Asterisk/IAX2Trunk.html). To my amazement there is no incompatibility issues between the versions.

Now my LMCE users/orbiters can call my 1.8.6 Asterisk extensions (and vice versa) as well as the outside world.

I most certainly would like to get rid of my Virtual Machine and move over to LMCE asterisk. I am trying to get my hands on some old hardware to test the TDM800p card with 10.04. If anyone is interested in the same feel free to contact me. Thanks!

essem_9

• Regular Poster
  • Fascinated by LMCE
    • View Profile
Re: Asterisk + TDM800p + 8.10 configuration
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2012, 06:08:52 pm »
Just an update on this configuration. I first wanted to verify if the card works since it has be laying around for sometime. Installed the latest PBX in Flash (purple) and the card does not work out of the box. The DAHDI configuration files had to be generated and then asterisk was able to pick up the various channels on the port. I had supplied additional power to the card as required for FXS's port to show up.

Created a trunk with the right channel into which the POTS is plugged in. Was able to make outgoing calls. Tried numerous configs but could NOT get incoming to work

Out of curiosity I plugged the card back in to LMCE 8.10. The version of asterisk uses Zaptel (renamed to DAHDI in new releases due to trademark concerns). apt-get install zaptel installed the package. There are some binaries that check for the card and builds configuration files. Had to get some sample configuration off the Internet to have a complete set of files.

Created trunks in the FreePBX GUI (Advanced-->Configuration-->Phone Setup) and was able to make outgoing calls. Incoming was NOT successful as with PBX in Flash. The only difference between the two setups was I had a lot of echo in LMCE. In LMCE I was not able to get power to the card. Will purchase a connector to extend power to the card to see if the echo goes away.

I have spent a lot of time trying to figure out how to get incoming calls without success. On the asterisk CLI I don't see anything when i try calling from my cell. I am using Comcast Digital Voice. Any insights will be appreciated.

I used the following website for reference (http://www.cadvision.com/blanchas/Asterisk/). Refer to the zaptel how-to.