Author Topic: [1004] diskless MD kernel mismatch? MD=2.6.32-40-generic Core=2.6.32-41-generic?  (Read 3059 times)

wombiroller

• Guru
    • View Profile
Hi All,

Thought I would take a stab at 1004 using the awesome new DVD install.

I am using a Shuttle XS35 V2 for one of the MDs. The Netboot won't work OOTB. Adapting this 0810 guide; http://wiki.linuxmce.org/index.php/ShuttleXS35GT allows the MD to boot, however it gets stuck when trying to run depmod:
WARNING: Couldn't open directory /lib/modules/2.6.32-40-generic: No such file or directory
FATAL: Could not open /lib/modules/2.6.32-40-generic/modules.dep.temp for writing: No such file or directory

I think this is because the core is compiling with:
/lib/modules/2.6.32-40-generic/

However both the MDs I have are using:
/usr/pluto/diskless/lib/modules/2.6.32-41-generic/

I have done an apt-get update/upgrade, and I have used this guide with 0810 before.

Any idea if this mismatch is an issue? Any idea how to resolve it?

Cheers,
WR.

Marie.O

• Administrator
  • LinuxMCE God
  • Wastes Life On LinuxMCE Since 2007
    • View Profile
    • My Home
apt-get install linux-image-generic linux-headers-generic linux-generic

will upgrade your cores kernel, and should help the MDs as well. If all else fails, update the softlink in /tftpboot/<device-id-of-MD>/vmlinuz and initrd.img

wombiroller

• Guru
    • View Profile
apt-get install linux-image-generic linux-headers-generic linux-generic

will upgrade your cores kernel, and should help the MDs as well. If all else fails, update the softlink in /tftpboot/<device-id-of-MD>/vmlinuz and initrd.img

Thanks Posde - apt-get install linux-image-generic linux-headers-generic linux-generic and a reboot worked! :)