General > Installation issues

Install from CD problems

(1/8) > >>

wartbump:
Hi, this looks really interesting but I can't get past the phase where it says CD Mounting, the CD drive spins for a few minutes and the installer says that LinuxMCE was installed and that I must  restart to start the Pluto drivers, however on restart there is no LinuxMCE menu. I have a fully updated Ubuntu Edgy and I am using an ISO from a bittorrent download as the downloader in the installer can't find any mirrors yet.
Is it possible to point the installer to the ISO I have on my HDD ?

Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

robinlennox:
I have the same issues aswell... and I am fully updated on Ubuntu 6.10

Just my luck formated my demo PC for this and it doesn't work... what a noob i am!

*****UPDATE*****

Just tried to install on my laptop and had the same issue... Two Pc's with the same issue??? Any Ideas?

lart2150:
I had the same problem I found a workaround to be mounting the cd at /usr/pluto/deb-cache and selecting internet install.

wartbump:
Hmmm I'll try that workaround.

I also tried a fresh install and fully updated LinuxMint on the same PC with exactly the same results  !

robinlennox:

--- Quote from: lart2150 on March 24, 2007, 10:36:50 pm ---I had the same problem I found a workaround to be mounting the cd at /usr/pluto/deb-cache and selecting internet install.

--- End quote ---

This fix didn't work for me.... Any More Ideas anyone?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Sitemap 
Go to full version