Author Topic: [Dianemo] /etc/pluto/media_config.conf  (Read 560 times)

Domodude

[Dianemo] /etc/pluto/media_config.conf
« on: April 08, 2012, 06:03:23 pm »
Hi,
If I understand correctly, this file is needed only when non-MM hardware for audio or video is in the "chain".
Rooms with just a Logitech SqueezePlayer will not need an entry, right?
What happens when I have one room with two MM's? For example, in the home theater 1) one MM that does THX surround through an amp, and video to a TV through that same amp, and 2) one MM that does high quality stereo sound output, through another input of the same amp.
I guess I could make two rooms, "HT THX" and "HT stereo", would this be the best way? If so, how do I set the amplifier up? Located in "HT THX" and entertain areas "HT THX" + "HT Stereo"?

cht_winston

• View Profile
Re: [Dianemo] /etc/pluto/media_config.conf
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2012, 12:54:22 pm »
Hi Domodude,

The media_config.conf was devised to cater for a couple of situations where the pipe system was lacking and where it would mean setting up complicated scenarios etc. It also removes the need for one or more reload routers whilst testing. Although you can manually add entertainment zones it is far simpler and better to make two rooms. I'll send you more info via email that will help.
Convergent Home Technologies Ltd
Personal Core
Asus M2NPV-VM, AMD Athlon 4200+ X2
Integrated C51PV (Nvidia 6150)
3 * 500GB NAS
2 * NIC (Marvell + Intel PCI-E pro 1000)
Hauppauge Nova-T 500
Thermaltake Lanbox Lite case
Nesteq semi-Fanless 45
HomePro Zwave Interface

Domodude

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2012, 04:18:18 pm »
That'd be great!

bulek

• Administrator
  • wants to work for LinuxMCE
  • Living with LMCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2012, 09:16:55 am »
Hi,

I'd kindly ask if we can start Wiki page. This area also interests me and more documentation is more than welcome.

Regards,
Bulek.
Thanks in advance,

regards,

Bulek.

Domodude

« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2012, 09:18:59 am »
I would be all in favor of that. We can perhaps link to the new page from the current Dianemo page, which is starting to become a bit long...