I hope you can help. I have been battling with LMCE for a while now (even in the times when Aaron was doing Pluto Home).
I used all-in one AMD MB Jetway M26GT4-LF with NVIDIA GeForce 6100, 1Gb RAM, and 2.7G CPU. Added one more Network card, HaupPauge PVR250 card and GC100. TV is Samsung LED U40B7000 and receiver Sony STR-DE2400ES (got IR working on both through GC).
These are the issues:
1. Installation runs well without recognising the PVR card. I add the card manually (Web admin), update and reboot. When in MythTv, it recognises it. Try and add channels (previously setup inputs and sources) sometimes crashes (black screen) and sometime cant find any channels. If i go to watch TV it gets into the loop - play (shows 1) then watch recordings (as there is no channels) and after a while goes back to 1 and so on.
Cant get it to work what ever i do (tested on windows - it works).
2. If i don't work on it for a while (not to long though) it starts the screen saver which i cant switch off. Nothing helps.
3. Sometimes if i get out of the web-admin site goes into black screen! Again, nothing helps to get the screen back.
4. apt-upgrade is a problem with radvd.conf. I have deleted it and it seems it works.
5. For black screen i tried almost every option in resolution settings. Always the same result. Even changed from TV to LCD monitor!
Now, these are few issues with installation. I need also a bit of help with the GSD. Long ago, Aaron added Dynalite interface but we never had a chance to finish it. I have checked everything available and nothing helps me to understand how to setup to send/receive messages (i am not really experienced programmer). Clipsal C-Bus and most other products work different way.
With Dynalite we use different addressing. We use logical area, preset, fade, etc. The hex message could look like this - 0x1c,0x01,0x20,0x00,0x00,0x00,0xff,0xc4 (Preset 1, area 1) or if we can send ascii it could look like *P 1,1,2000 CR (Preset 1 Area 1 Fade 2sec). Presets are "scenes" and areas are "rooms".
Probably for sending would be easier ascii and for receiving hex (we don't need to use checksum calculation).
In this code Preset, Area and Fade are variables.
If anybody could help i would really appreciate. And if you need more details on Dynalite protocol i can email the file.