Author Topic: MYTHTV AND HD HOMERUN  (Read 3357 times)

Beeker

• Guru
    • View Profile
MYTHTV AND HD HOMERUN
« on: March 18, 2012, 04:19:43 pm »
Hi All,
Looking for some help here I have very limited experience with MYTHTV I am running the 810 RC final release which is all running very well.

I have finallly added my HD Homerun and LMCE picked it up and I was able to tune all the channels on both tuners......the question I have is I cannot get any EPG data on MYTHWEB

I am located in Melbourne and using the Digital FTA from 160km's away in Bendigo as I am located in an difficult reception area, I have spent ages on Google and the forums but I think I need a couple of pointers as I must be missing a step somewhere. Also does anybody know why everytime I choose a channel to watch and go to MYTHWEB its already recording can I stop this happening.

So if anybody can assist with how to get the EPG data working on MYTHWEB and the recording issue that would be much appreciated 

Kind regards
Beeker

Kezza

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: MYTHTV AND HD HOMERUN
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2012, 09:06:41 pm »
Hey Beeker,

Are you trying to get EPG from over the air? If you go into Mythtv setup, under the video sources there is a field called grabber (or similar) that needs to be set to EIT.

Once that is saved the system in theory should populate guide data for you.

I'm not in front of my system so I cannot check the field names etc but can check tonight if you cannot find it.

Cheers,
Kezza

Beeker

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2012, 01:47:08 am »
Thanks to Kezza for some configuration tips on the grabber etc I now have all the EPG data, though this has created nother issue of when watching TV thorough the HD Homerun it freezes anywhere between 1 to 5 mins of viewing and comes up with a msg of "video frame buffering failed too many times" I have restarted everything is it worth doing an update. It was working fine prior to making changes to get the EPG data

Thanks
Beeker

Kezza

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2012, 01:58:57 am »
Hmm I have had that issue in the past but it was not to do with guide data. We had realtime priority threads ticked which was causing the problem, this should be fixed on your install but worth double checking.

When mythtv is running can you press escape to the menu and then in the Setup->TV Settings->Playback check that Find the playback settings page and see if 'Enable realtime priority threads' is unchecked.

JaseP

• Addicted
    • View Profile
    • JaseP's LinuxMCE Wiki User page
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2012, 04:40:08 pm »
I was also getting that same error... Thanks for the tip... Using 10.04 I also notice that I have to manually change my channels, but have to do it wile watching Live TV, as doing it through the Mythweb portal won't save changes. My sources are through cable though. Schedules Direct does not properly point channels to their scanned sources, as they do not have frequency data for my provider...

See my User page on the LinuxMCE Wiki for a description of my system configuration (click the little globe under my profile pic).