Author Topic: hulu player non-functional on MD [workaround]  (Read 18736 times)

Armor Gnome

• Guru
    • View Profile
Re: hulu player non-functional on MD [workaround]
« Reply #30 on: August 27, 2012, 08:01:21 am »
I now have an orbiter other than the screen I use for IRC so am able to help you test this again.  Hulu is still not working in my install.  On your recommendation I last attempted several uncheck, save, reload.  Today while I worked on other things I waited with full screen ui2 running for 3 hours and was never prompted to reload.  You were pretty clear that the reload request must come from linuxmce and not to reload before it prompts me to.

Willing to bet here that I may have a non-typical Hulu problem that would be seperate from what you are troubleshooting.  I can't use Hulu because of my bandwidth anyways so let me know if you ever want to look into this one.
I made a wiki!  Click here to check out my system.

JaseP

• Addicted
    • View Profile
    • JaseP's LinuxMCE Wiki User page
« Reply #31 on: August 28, 2012, 04:38:33 am »
I think I have the same issue here... Net installed LinuxMCE 1004 with recent apt-get update/apt-get upgrade...
See my User page on the LinuxMCE Wiki for a description of my system configuration (click the little globe under my profile pic).

l3mce

• NEEDS to work for LinuxMCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 28, 2012, 06:27:18 am »
Keep checking.

It took me 3 reloads/ 1 reboot each time. I don't fully understand why.
I never quit... I just ping out.

JaseP

• Addicted
    • View Profile
    • JaseP's LinuxMCE Wiki User page
« Reply #33 on: August 28, 2012, 04:28:04 pm »
Will try... Probably in a few days...

Quick question,... I once had the Hulu desktop app running under the KDE desktop, but it would run not through LinuxMCE's wrapper (since uninstalled the wrapper and app several times and ran a recent apt-get upgrade, I might've even done a full re-install)... When it ran in a window, it worked fine at some lower windowed resolution. When I tried to full-screen it, it crashed. My resolution is 1080p (native) on the machine I tried (VGA connection to a Sanyo 42" LCD TV).

Do you know if this is related to the Flashplayer issue (same thing)?? Or have I stumbled on some different problem??
See my User page on the LinuxMCE Wiki for a description of my system configuration (click the little globe under my profile pic).

l3mce

• NEEDS to work for LinuxMCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 28, 2012, 04:56:54 pm »
It is a compatability issue between the flash player and hulu desktop.

The versions I have, work. I am not really sure why it takes so many reloads/attempts/reboots to begin working... but it works on all of my media directors... and even has acceleration on the ion. I use it every other day. It was installed from the package I created in the repos.
I never quit... I just ping out.

joerod

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 30, 2013, 04:54:26 am »
just an update.  I just install 1004 final from iso downloaded yesterday (3/29/2013).  I went to the MD in the web admin and installed the hulu software (like we are all suppose to).  Unfortunately it did not work, I was getting a segfault.  so after reading this I did the following to get it to work.

downloaded:

http://hacktolive.org/repo/archive/pool/main/f/flashplugin-nonfree/flashplugin-installer_10.3.183.7ubuntu0.11.04.1-hacktolive1_i386.deb
https://launchpad.net/~ubuntu-security-proposed/+archive/ppa/+build/3030668/+files/firefox_9.0.1%2Bbuild1-0ubuntu0.10.04.1_i386.deb

then uninstalled current firefox and installed the download debs, and now I'm watching daily show.