Author Topic: TNJ Files!  (Read 5155 times)

bashers

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
TNJ Files!
« on: April 25, 2008, 04:13:11 pm »
Excuse the flame angle of this post but.....

After weeks of struggling i've given up on linuxmce until i can spare some more time on it and my wife is happy to be temporarily divorced from my life again!

My server is now back to how it was before, i.e  running windows server beautifully, satellite cards and nvidia card recognised and working, except the music folders

In my folders i have (had) jpegs called either cover.jpg or folder.jpg, in every one of my thousand album folders and these appear(ed) correctly in Slimserver

Now though, linxumce in its infinite wisdom has renamed all files except mp3s or cover.jpg to file_name.jpg.tnj 

What gives!
Thats' hardly non-destructive if you ask me

Yes, i can rename them - oh joy, but WHY!

schaferj

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: TNJ Files!
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2008, 06:30:57 pm »
Your original files should be there.  the new ones are thumbnails if i recall correctly.

bashers

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2008, 08:58:24 pm »
Your original files should be there.  the new ones are thumbnails if i recall correctly.

You'd think so wouldn't you. Unfortunately not as you'll see here

« Last Edit: April 25, 2008, 09:28:32 pm by bashers »

hari

• Administrator
  • LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
    • ago control
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2008, 10:15:00 pm »
what version are you using? I also have cover.jpg in some hundred directories. Since 0704 i had no problem with that. What did you do exactly?

best regards,
Hari
rock your home - http://www.agocontrol.com home automation

colinjones

• Alumni
  • LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2008, 10:15:56 pm »
He's right, the TNJ files are thumbnails that LMCE ADDs not renames - for the GUI.

It doesn't rename, delete or in any other way touch the originals, so I've no idea what happened to yours, but the TNJ files are innocent (and much smaller than the originals anyway)

huh

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2012, 03:33:30 am »
Digging up an old topic, but just ran into this...  have family photos on a DNS-323 located on the internal network- not using LMCE file structure.  For the approximately 30,000 pictures, LMCE created about 930 MB of *.tnj files.