Author Topic: Making the Move  (Read 3321 times)

jwelch1324

• View Profile
Making the Move
« on: March 03, 2012, 06:06:29 am »
Now I have my hope setup and running without my help. I am finally in a position to dig deeper into its brains and start helping where I can. I figure the 810 release is stable enough for this round through, and so with Ubuntu 12 coming this year, focusing our efforts on getting LMCE 12 would be an ample goal, and I am still working on the windows ports of the q orbiter (nice work btw guys! the qT framework is quite nice once you beat it into submission ;) ).

So until thom makes an official announcement regarding moving to Ubuntu 12, I will move my entire house to 1004 so I can work on the qorbiter coding and fix some hanging issues that I have had with 810.

Any suggestions on pre-paring myself for the switch, or is it pretty much ground zero rebuild? I have made most of my changes into automated scripts so that hopefully if the DB structures are not too different deployment should go well. But please let me know if anyone else has had an experience good or bad with upgrading from 810 to 1004

Kind Regards,
~jw

Marie.O

• Administrator
  • LinuxMCE God
  • Wastes Life On LinuxMCE Since 2007
    • View Profile
    • My Home
Re: Making the Move
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2012, 10:42:14 am »
There is no difference in the database structure between 1004 and 810.

Randall

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Making the Move
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2012, 02:29:38 pm »
Any suggestions on pre-paring myself for the switch, or is it pretty much ground zero rebuild? I have made most of my changes into automated scripts so that hopefully if the DB structures are not too different deployment should go well. But please let me know if anyone else has had an experience good or bad with upgrading from 810 to 1004

Curious, what sort of 'change' did you implement in your automated scripts?