Author Topic: Onkyo TX-SR876 A/V receiver - need a custom template  (Read 3968 times)

m3freak

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Onkyo TX-SR876 A/V receiver - need a custom template
« on: March 10, 2012, 02:47:15 am »
I didn't see a template for my Onkyo receiver, a TX-SR876.  The generic template for Onkyo/Integra A/V receivers doesn't work well for mine, not to mention not all of the inputs/ouputs are included.

I have a document describing the serial commands for a TX-SR875. I want to use it to build a new device template for my receiver since the 876 isn't all that different.  How should I go about it?  Am I supposed to copy an existing template or start new?  If I'm copying, how do I actually do that?  I poked around for a while and didn't see anything obvious on how to copy the existing Onkyo/Integra template.

Marie.O

• Administrator
  • LinuxMCE God
  • Wastes Life On LinuxMCE Since 2007
    • View Profile
    • My Home
Re: Onkyo TX-SR876 A/V receiver - need a custom template
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2012, 10:01:46 am »
Does the existing template miss some functions or do the existing functions not work correct. If it is the former, you might want to add the functions, if it is the latter, create a new one. When submitting your code, make sure to sqlCVS diff and commit until you have no more diffs. Also, make sure, you do not already have a diff. Otherwise, the chance of your work benefiting others (and you, should you need to reinstall), is slim to none.

m3freak

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2012, 01:28:25 pm »
Missing functions and many of the existing ones are not working correctly, unfortunately.

Thanks for the advice. I'll get started on the new template.  Oh, one more question: does the name matter?  I was going to go wtih "Onkyo TX-SR875", and then just use that for my 876.

Marie.O

• Administrator
  • LinuxMCE God
  • Wastes Life On LinuxMCE Since 2007
    • View Profile
    • My Home
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2012, 02:11:00 pm »
The name only matters for people trying to find it...

WhateverFits

• Guru
    • View Profile
    • Sean Walker
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2012, 11:54:25 pm »
Is this a network based unit? If so, I just created a template some weeks ago and checked it in that works very well for my Onkyo. I haven't seen if has been merged into the main yet, though.

m3freak

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2012, 12:44:19 am »
Is this a network based unit? If so, I just created a template some weeks ago and checked it in that works very well for my Onkyo. I haven't seen if has been merged into the main yet, though.

The one up from the 876 was the network unit.  From what I remember, the one up from the 876 was the top of line, and the only diff was the network feature plus a few things that took advantage of the network capability.  Otherwise, it was the same.

What model is your template catered for?