Author Topic: cisco 79xx .cnf.xml files?  (Read 4408 times)

Randall

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
cisco 79xx .cnf.xml files?
« on: February 29, 2012, 05:38:11 am »
I'm trying to get a cisco 7960 configured in 10.04 but I've run into some trouble. I've noticed that the /tftpboot/SIPDefault.cnf is being re-written at various points which removes my required 'nat_enable: 1' setting as well as my services, directory, and xml browser entries. In /var/www/lmce-admin/cisco-xml-phone-directory/Readme.txt I observed a reference to an xml equivalent to these .cnf files (i.e. /tftpboot/SEPDefault7970.cnf.xml, which should probably be /tftpboot/SIPDefault7970.cnf.xml). Is this still the way things are done in 10.04? Is there a template/schema I should follow to generate one of these for my 7960?

The phone seems to be perpetually 'Configuring IP' and getting status errors on the phone which read:
W351 unprovisioned proxy_emergency
W350 unprovisioned proxy_backup
W250 TFTP Error: Timeout dialplan.xml

I entered the mac address range and the phone was initially found and added by the orbiter.

Any ideas?

Randall

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
Re: cisco 79xx .cnf.xml files?
« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2012, 07:40:14 pm »
Possy pointed out in IRC that the .cnf files come from the perl scripts  /usr/pluto/bin/configure_cisco79**.pl.

I think part of my problem is that I'm picking up settings from my previous provisioning of this phone.