Author Topic: Vera V1 ZWave stick not recognized  (Read 1811 times)

tkmedia

• wants to work for LinuxMCE
    • View Profile
    • LMCECompatible
Re: Vera V1 ZWave stick not recognized
« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2012, 10:46:44 pm »
Various pieces are not  the same in S1010 as they are in LinuxMCE  and LinuxMCE is not the same as the underlying buntu. especially when it comes to hardware detection and plug and play methods.  So you may want to check with CHT.  If I get a chance I will try to see what happens on my S1010 system. I think my old vera v1 stick still works.  I have others to test as well.

Tim
My Setup http://wiki.linuxmce.org/index.php/User:Tkmedia

For LinuxMce compatible  systems and accessories
http://lmcecompatible.com/

Domodude

« Reply #16 on: February 28, 2012, 10:49:07 pm »
Just got a message from CHT that they disabled automatic zwave stick detection, so manual addition is needed. So far no luck though, probably because of faulty settings. I'd appreciate anyone reporting on the necessary settings of a working zwave stick in a CHT system, but also in an LMCE system.

hari

• Administrator
  • LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
    • ago control
« Reply #17 on: February 29, 2012, 08:45:52 pm »
in LMCE it should be auto-detected. If not, add a device from template 1754 (you did look at the wiki page, didn't you?) and set the proper serial port (ttyUSBxxx)
rock your home - http://www.agocontrol.com home automation

Domodude

« Reply #18 on: February 29, 2012, 10:21:06 pm »
Hi Hari, yes, but I am not sure what the COM port should be here. I have an actual RS232 connector in the port, COM1 (I think). Then some PC000:00/00 or something like that, and the ttyS_56_0 which is the GC100. So, not sure what to fill in here!

EDIT: Hari you mention ttyUSBxxx, but I have no such thing. Very strange. Do you think it is useful to update the serial ports? The router has been reloaded many times already. When does the ttyUSB appear in the list? lsusb shows the device, so I am curious why I don't have that entry.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2012, 11:15:49 am by Domodude »

Domodude

300 posts
« Reply #19 on: March 01, 2012, 11:17:27 am »
 ;D Milestone!

JaseP

• Addicted
    • View Profile
    • JaseP's LinuxMCE Wiki User page
« Reply #20 on: March 01, 2012, 02:30:32 pm »
I checked the web admin and my extra Aeon stick is on one of the /dev/ttyUSB ports. Which one that yours will show up on will vary based on what other USB devices you have attached. I don't know whether LinuxMC.e forces devices to specific portsmor not. A quick lsusb ought to tell you which one... And there's a graphical app in the K/Ubuntu repositories that also lets you see devices and how they're attached.
See my User page on the LinuxMCE Wiki for a description of my system configuration (click the little globe under my profile pic).

Domodude

« Reply #21 on: March 01, 2012, 11:34:59 pm »
A little step forward. I call ZWave manually with the correct device number, and selected the only real option leftover for the tty, namely pci00... Lo and behold, I have zwave. But I think it goes away when I stop the manually started ZWave. More later.